moved Midwest to 2013 Code4Lib Midwest Conference: Updating page with new details for 2014 conference
Please join us Sunday, October 13, and Monday, October 14, in Iowa City for the Code4Lib Midwest 2013 conference! This informal conference will feature short lightning talks, longer presentations, workshops, and breakout discussion sessions covering technology in libraries, archives and museums in the Midwest. Each Code4Lib conference is different; take a look through the main [http://code4lib.org/about Code4Lib Wiki] to learn more about this volunteer-driven collective.
* Twitter hash tag: [http://twitter.com/#!/search/%23c4lmw #c4lmw]
Code4Lib MidWest meeting will be hosted by [http://lib.uiowa.edu University of Iowa Libraries].
* '''When''' - Sunday, October 13th - Monday, October 14th
* '''Where''' - [http://www.uiowa.edu/~maps/p/pbb1.htm John Pappajohn Business Building, University of Iowa], Room W401
* '''Registration Cost''' - Free!
* '''Planning Committee''' - Emily Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org), Shawn Averkamp (email@example.com), Becky Yoose(YOOSEBEC@grinnell.edu), Julia Bauder (BAUDERJ@grinnell.edu), Wendy Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Matthew Butler (email@example.com)
** '''Air - ''' [http://www.eiairport.org/ Eastern Iowa Airport](CID, in Cedar Rapids) is the closest airport (22 miles); [http://www.crshuttle.com/ Cedar Rapids Airport Shuttle] can get you to and from the airport (reserve in advance). [http://www.qcairport.com/ Quad City International Airport] (MLI) is 66 miles away, but flights are often cheaper; unfortunately, a shuttle or taxi to/from there might cost you almost as much as your flight.
** '''Driving -''' Iowa City is off of I-80, which every Midwesterner should know how to get to :) There are several [http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/building/john-pappajohn-business-building-johnson-ia/ public parking structures] around campus, in easy walking distance to both the Sheraton (conference hotel) and Pappajohn Business Building (meeting room).
**Jason Stirnaman -- I don't have many tricks either, but I can help and/or do a short demo using the Ruby RDF gem to query and read VIVO-ish RDF.
*Emily Shaw (UIowa) - CURATEcamp, anyone? An unconference-type event focused on digital curation, with discussion topics to be determined by the participants. Visit this [[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLzBDnsQjLAABpzgc1lvk85e2SFytAqwz-BNzrTMBHk/edit google doc]] for more info and to sign up.
*Ian Mason (UIowa) -- Data Visualization
Workshop - If interested, please fill out the following survey: [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hGb42aqpxQohicFuGCsyk0TFN_zPyQML_bCLOu_3yy4/viewform Data Visualization Survey]
# Mark McFate (Grinnell College) - The Status of Islandora and Digital.Grinnell -- Islandora and http://Digital.Grinnell.edu are evolving rapidly. See what's new in Islandora and get a glimpse of how it’s used in Digital.Grinnell.
# Jason Paulios (Iowa City Public Library) - ICPL Local Music Project -- http://music.icpl.org/
# Brian Zelip (UIUC, GSLIS) -
Support Community Memory! [http://localwiki.org LocalWiki] & Library Engagement
# Audrey Altman and Jen Wolfe (University of Iowa) - Curation that Counts: Assessing Digital Libraries with Usage Statistics
# Sarah Park (Northwest Missouri State University - Developing Search All, An integrated discovery tool beyond Summon 2.0
# Jon Gorman (UIUC) - topic TBD
# Aaron Collie (Michigan State) -- TBD
# Ian Mason (UIowa) --
Adobe Captivate & Online Courses
# Jason Stirnaman (UKansas Med Center) -- Grokking EZProxy logs with Logstash, ElasticSearch, and Kibana
* Linked Data Toolshare [[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VeKCVvg78vN6yk7_CEOjyFk9nQZu8AojX_ATDCQneQ0/edit?usp=sharing google doc]]
* CURATEcamp [[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLzBDnsQjLAABpzgc1lvk85e2SFytAqwz-BNzrTMBHk/edit?usp=sharing google doc]]
* Data Visualization
* [your workshop here -- propose one above]
====Presentations (1:45pm - 3:00pm)====
1:45 - 2:05 - Melody Dworak (Iowa City Public Library) - Code & Collaboration: The mixed up crazy world of digital libraries in public libraries -- http://history.icpl.org/ <br>
2:05 - 2:25 - Brian Zelip (UIUC, GSLIS) -
Support Community Memory! LocalWiki & Library Engagement <br>
2:25 - 2:45 - Sarah Park (Northwest Missouri State University - Developing Search All, An integrated discovery tool beyond Summon 2.0 <br>
2:45 - 3:00 - Lightning Talks
====Lightning Talks (9:00am - 10:00pm)====
* Cole Hudson (Wayne State University) -- Omeka
/Fedora Commons sync app
* Kelly Thompson (Iowa State University) -- Batch-embedding metadata in PDFs for searchability and provenance
* Julia Bauder (Grinnell College) -- How to Add Crowdsourced Transcription Capabilities to Any System in a Day
* Jon Gorman (UIUC) -
topic TBD* Aaron Collie (Michigan State) – TBD * Sarah Park (Northwest Missouri State University) - Developing KnowBot, A Knowledge Database to Manage Reference and Beyond* Ian Mason (UIowa) -- Adobe Captivate & Online Courses
* Jason Stirnaman (UKansas Med Center) -- Grokking EZProxy logs with Logstash, ElasticSearch, and Kibana
10:45 - 11:05 - Audrey Altman and Jen Wolfe (University of Iowa) - Curation that Counts: Assessing Digital Libraries with Usage Statistics<br>
11:05 - 11:25 - Mark McFate (Grinnell College) - The Status of Islandora and Digital.Grinnell -- Islandora and http://Digital.Grinnell.edu are evolving rapidly. See what's new in Islandora and get a glimpse of how it’s used in Digital.Grinnell.<br>
11:25 - 11:45
- Jason Paulios (Iowa City Public Library) - ICPL Local Music Project -- http://music.icpl.org/<br> 11:45 - noon - Sarah Park (Northwest Missouri State University) - Developing KnowBot, A Knowledge Database to Manage Reference and Beyond<br>
Lunch on your own. [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KVHIW0DZxtdf__myAWO7Yl8KQQSJ3FLgH9-b9LJLX_c/edit?usp=sharing Sign up on Google Doc].
Breakout Sessions (1:30pm - 2:30pm)==== Post topic ideas on the [https:// docs. google. com/ document/ d/ 1lvORMZFM9ogU4BKGNtiCwWkHXHOw_SNilvJ6OAyJHdY/ edit?usp=sharing google doc]. We'll choose session topics from the list before each breakout.
Reports (2:30pm - 3: 00pm)====
Presentations/Lightning Talks (3: 00pm - 3:45pm)==== [open slots]
====Wrap-up (3:45pm - 4:00pm)====
# Torii Moré, McLean County Museum of History, TMore@mchistory.org
# Logan Jewett, Iowa State University, firstname.lastname@example.org (Sunday only)
# Brian Zelip, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, @bzelip, email@example.com
# Thomas Keyser, Iowa Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
# Andrew Holland, University of Iowa Libraries, email@example.com
# Steve Redmond, Davenport Public Library, firstname.lastname@example.org
# Madison Sullivan, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, email@example.com
# Stephanie Blalock, University of Iowa, firstname.lastname@example.org
# Patrick Curtis, University of Iowa, email@example.com
== Previous C4L Midwest Regional Meetings ==