=== Newcomer Dinner, Monday 3/24 ===
First time at code4lib? Join fellow c4l newbies and veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and stimulating <strike>discussions about</strike> demonstrations of the many uses of <strike>bacon
</strike> <strike>dongles</strike> <strike>XML</strike> EZProxy alternatives.
Code4Lib veterans, you're invited too. Join us in welcoming the newcomers!
[http://bukuraleigh.com/buku/ bu ku] (Global street food)
[http://www.oxfordraleigh.com/ The Oxford] (Gastropub)
[http://www.sonoraleigh.com/index.php Sono] (Japanese)
[http://www.lavoltarestaurant.com/ La Volta] (Italian)
[http://ac-restaurants.com/pooles/ Poole's] (Local food)
[http://calaveraraleigh.com/ Calavera Empanada & Tequila Bar] (Empanada)
[http://bigeasync.com/ The Big Easy] (New Orleans/Creole)
[http://postatuscangrille.com/ Posta Tuscan Grille] (Italian)
[http://www.mecca-restaurant.com/ The Mecca] (Diner/Southern)
[http://busybeeraleigh.com/ Busy Bee Cafe] (American)
[http://ac-restaurants.com/beasleys/ Beasley's Chicken + Honey] (Southern)
# Rosalyn Metz - v (leader)
[http://ac-restaurants.com/chucks/ Chuck's] (Burgers)
[http://bidamanda.com/ Bida Manda] (Laotian)
# Dre - v (leader)
[http://www.tnnirishpub.com/ Tir Na Nog] (Pub) [http://sitti-raleigh.com/index1.php Sitte] (Lebanese)# Becky Yoose - v (benevolent dictator/leader)
[http://www.thepit-raleigh.com/ The Pit Authentic Barbecue] (BBQ)
[http://www.gravyraleigh.com/ Gravy] (Italian)
[http://www.theremedydiner.com/ The Remedy Diner] (Diner (lots of Veg*n options))
[http://www.centroraleigh.com/ Centro] (Mexican)
[http://brewmastersbarandgrill.com/ Brewmasters Bar and Grill] (Brewpub)
'''5 to 1 mile from hotel'''
[http://www.518west.com/ 518 West Italian Cafe] (Italian)
[http://boylanbridge.com/ Boylan Bridge Brewpub] (Brewpub)
[http://www.mantraindiancuisinebar.com/ Mantra] (Indian)
=== James B. Hunt Library Reception and Tour, Tuesday 3/25 ===
A reception and tour of the James B. Hunt Library on NCSU's Centennial Campus will take place on Tuesday, March
26, 5:00-7:30 PM. See the library, which opened in January 2013, through the eyes of the students in the over 3,000 Instagram photos in the [http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/myhuntlibrary My #HuntLibrary] project. The furniture alone has generated interest, as shown on the [http://chairsofhuntlibrary.tumblr.com/ Chairs of Hunt Library] Tumbler site .
'''Travel to Hunt'''
Buses will begin loading at the Sheraton at 5:00 PM after the day's sessions have concluded. The Hunt Library is 4 miles from the Sheraton.
light snacks will be made available in the Multipurpose Room, along with soft drinks and beer from the [http://www.ncsu.edu/foodscience/Sheppard/NCSU-12004%20Brewery%20Brochure1.pdf NC State Brewery].
Attendees will be welcome to embark on a self-guided tour of the library. Library staff will be on hand at selected locations, including hi-tech spaces such as the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/huntlibrary/bookBot bookBot] robotic book delivery system, the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/teaching-and-visualization-lab Teaching & Visualization Lab], the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/creativity-studio Creativity Studio], the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/game-lab Game Lab], and the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/makerspace Makerspace].
'''Travel back to the Sheraton'''
Buses will begin to load for the return trip at 6:45 PM. The last bus will leave the Hunt Library at approximately 7:
] meetup, Tuesday 3/25 ===
An informal meetup for women and their friends in library technology for networking and fun. Come join us! Learn more about #libtechwomen at [http://libtechwomen.org/about.html].
Time: Evening after the tour :c)
=== A/V Geeks Present: When Computers Were Young, Wednesday 3/26 ===
This event, [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/26/av-geeks-present-when-computers-where-young/ When Computers Were Young], will include "Actual 16mm school films that introduce us to the wonderful world of computers and their potential future -- all before Google!" Films will include Disney's Ethics in the Computer Age and more. This showing is an all ages, public event that is part of a series of monthly shows held at [http://kingsbarcade.com/ Kings Barcade], but the event has been scheduled and themed with the Code4Lib crowd in mind.
Doors open at 7:30 PM.
The event is free with a suggested $5 donation. Located two blocks from the Sheraton, Kings is a 250-capacity live music venue with a full bar and several local beers on tap. Kings is directly connected with the [http://neptunesparlour.com/ Neptunes Parlour], a cocktail lounge with classic arcade games, pinball, and nightly DJ's. The new [http://garlandraleigh.com/ Garland] Indian restaurant, operated by the same owners, is also downstairs.
== Social Map - Places of Interest==
[https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211601269129937460559.0004d8d5902e5e3d04b05&msa=0&ll=35.782519,-78.640223&spn=0.01464,0.01929 Code4Lib 2014 Amenities Map, Downtown Raleigh, NC] - Amenities that are within walking distance of the Sheraton or the R Line circulator
== Local Events ==
*[http://ncartmuseum.org/calendar/ NC Museum of Art Calendar]
=== Outside Activities ===
* [http://www.triangleglides.com/ Triangle Glides] Segway
Tours, Standup Paddleboard Rentals
* [http://www.raleighnc.gov/parks/content/PRecDesignDevelop/Articles/CapitalAreaGreenwayTrailSystem.html Capital Area Greenway Trail System]
=== Run Clubs ===
* [https://www.facebook.com/events/553725497983418/ Natty Greene's Run Club] - 6:00 PM at Natty Greene's Brewery: 1, 3, 5 mile routes
[https://www.facebook.com/groups/bigbossrunclub/ Big Boss Run Club ] - 6:00 PM at Bug Boss Brewery: 3-6 mile routes followed by beer specials
[https://www.facebook.com/MargaritaRun Margarita Run Club ] - 6:00 PM at Centro restaurant: 3-5 mile routes followed by taco bar and margarita specials
* [http://www.ymcatriangle.org/programs-services/fitness-wellness/walking-running-clubs/alexander-family-ymca-0 Trophy Brewery Runs] - 6:00 PM at Trophy Brewing: 1, 3, 5 mile routes
'''Fayetteville St. District''' (0-0.4 miles north)
* [http://clydecoopersbbq.com/ Clyde Cooper's BBQ]
* [http://garlandraleigh.com/ Garland] Indian
* [http://ac-restaurants.com/beasleys/ Beasley's Chicken & Honey] Fried Chicken, Chicken and Waffles (''Ashley Christiansen'')
* [http://ororaleigh.com/ Oro] Tapas (vegan options)
* [http://www.centroraleigh.com/ Centro] Mexican
* [http://www.centroraleigh.com/ Chuck's
] Burgers (''Ashley Christiansen'')
* [http://www.oakcitymeatball.com/ Oak City Meatball Shoppe]
* [http://www.gravyraleigh.com/ Gravy] Italian-American
gravyraleigh.com/ Buku] Global street food
* [http://www.boltbistro.com/ Bolt] Bistro, Steakhouse, Seafood
* [http://ac-restaurants.com/fox/ Fox Liquor Bar] Cocktails, local beer (''Ashley Christiansen'')
* [http://www.slimsraleigh.com/ Slim's] Dive bar (live music)
* [http://www.cgracebar.com/ C Grace] Cocktails and live jazz
* [http://clockworkraleigh.com/ Clockwork] Retro cocktail lounge
'''Seaboard Station/Person St.'''
* [http://www.tylerstaproom.com/ Tyler's Tap Room] Beer
=== Breweries ===
* [http://trophybrewing.com/ Trophy Brewing & Pizza Company] (1.2 miles)
Theoretical brewpub walking tour] [NOTE: Trophy has great pizza but limited seating. To finish with dinner consider going the opposite direction and eating in the Warehouse District or downtown]
* [http://bigbossbrewing.com/ Big Boss Brewing] (3.5 miles, Raleigh)
* [http://raleighbrewingcompany.com/ Raleigh Brewing Company] (4 miles, Raleigh)
* [http://www.loneriderbeer.com/ Lone Rider] (13 miles, Raleigh)
* [http://gizmobrewworks.com/ Gizmo Brewworks] (12 miles, Raleigh)
* [http://www.aviatorbrew.com/ Aviator Brewing Company] (17 miles, Fuquay Varina)
* [http://hosannabrewing.com/ Hosanna Brewery] (14 miles, Fuquay Varina)
* [http://www.carolinabrew.com/ Carolina Brewing] (19 miles, Holly Springs)
* [http://www.bombshellbeer.com/ Bombshell Beer] (18 miles, Holly Springs)
* [http://bullcityburgerandbrewery.com/Bull_City_Burger_and_Brewery/Home.html Bull City Burger & Brewing] (Durham)
* [http://thetopofthehill.com/ Top of the Hill] (Chapel Hill)
* [http://www.mysterybrewing.com/ Mystery Brewing] (Hillsborough)
=== Bottle Shops ===
* [http://triangleyarncrawl.com/ Triangle Yarn Crawl]
* [http://nuvyug.net/ India Fest] at Dorton Arena
* [http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/event/at-the-movies-frost-and-nixon At the Movies: Frost/Nixon] at NC Museum of History (free movie and lecture)
===Monday March 24===
===Tuesday, March 25===
* [http://www.visitraleigh.com/includes/calendar-of-events/NHL-Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islanders/24787/ NHL Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders], 7pm (for free bus see [http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/get-around/pepsi-caniac-coach Pepsi Caniac Coach])
===Wednesday, March 26===
* [http://www.dukeenergycenterraleigh.com/event/north-carolina-artists-exhibition-3994 2014 Artists Exhibition - Raleigh Fine Arts Society] at Betty Ray McCain Art Gallery
* [http://www.ncdcr.gov/ncmoh/Home.aspx Watergate: Politics, Scandal, and the Media] Panel discussion at the NC Museum of History (reservation required)
== Music ==
'''Sunday March 23'''
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/447527-matt-schofield-raleigh/ Matt Schofield] at Pour House
'''Monday March 24'''
* [http://www.dpacnc.com/events/detail/csn Crosby, Stills & Nash] at Durham Performing Arts Center (in Durham)
* [http://southlandballroom.com/events/asleep-wheel/ Asleep at the Wheel] at Southland Ballroom
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/24/moullinex-live-with-marbeya-sound/ Moulinex with Marbeya Sound] at Kings Barcade* Devils Wears Prada with Ghost Inside, others at [http://www.lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm Lincoln Theater]
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/497289-daley-raleigh/ Daley] at Pour House
* Three 6 Mafia at [http://www.lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm Lincoln Theater]
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/25/kings-presents-axxaabraxas-captured-tracks-at-slims/ Axxa/Abraxas] at Slim's
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/497341-coast-2-coast-live-raleigh/ Coast 2 Coast Live Interactive Showcase] at Pour House
* Open Mic Night at [http://www.deepsouththebar.com/ Deep South]
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/479771-pigeons-playing-ping-pong-raleigh/ Pigeons Playing Ping Pong] and Imperial Blend at [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/ Pour House]
* Free Jazz Night at [http://humblepierestaurant.com/ Humble Pie]
* Open Mic Night at [http://www.deepsouththebar.com/ Deep South]
* [http://www.deepsouththebar.com/event/492779-unifier-jessica-long-new-raleigh/ Unifier, Jessica Long & The New Kind] at Deep South
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/27/good-graeff/ Good Graeff] at Kings Barcade
* Sarah Colonna (Comedy) at [https://center-stage.seatengine.com/venues/goodnights Goodnight's Comedy]
'''Music Venues in the Greater Triangle'''
* Chapel Hill/Carrboro: [http://www.catscradle.com/ Cat's Cradle], [http://www.local506.com/calendar/ Local 506], [http://caverntavern.com/ The Cave], [http://www.chapelhillunderground.com/ Underground], [https://www.carolinaperformingarts.org/ Memorial Hall]
* Durham: [http://motorcomusic.com/ Motorco], [http://www.thepinhook.com/ Pinhook]
* Saxapahaw: [http://www.hawriverballroom.com/ Haw River Ballroom]