[http://bukuraleigh.com/buku/ bu ku] (Global street food)
# Bohyun Kim - v (leader)
# Junior Tidal - n
# Brian Rogers - n
[http://www.oxfordraleigh.com/ The Oxford] (Gastropub)
# Roy Tennant - v (leader) 6:30 reservation set
# David Bass - n
# Dan Moore - n
# Jack Reed - n
[http://www.sonoraleigh.com/index.php Sono] (Japanese)
[http://www.lavoltarestaurant.com/ La Volta] (Italian)
[http://ac-restaurants.com/pooles/ Poole's] (Local food)
# Jean Rainwater - v (leader)
# Cynthia (Arty) Ng
# Catelynne Sahadath -n
# Maura Carbone -n
[http://calaveraraleigh.com/ Calavera Empanada & Tequila Bar] (Empanada)
[http://bigeasync.com/ The Big Easy] (New Orleans/Creole)
[http://postatuscangrille.com/ Posta Tuscan Grille] (Italian)
# Julia Bauder - v#
Emily Reynolds - n
[http://www.mecca-restaurant.com/ The Mecca] (Diner/Southern)
[http://busybeeraleigh.com/ Busy Bee Cafe] (American)
# Ken Varnum - v (leader) -- reservation for 6 people at 6:15. Send me your contact info at varnum umich edu.
[http://ac-restaurants.com/beasleys/ Beasley's Chicken + Honey] (Southern)
# Rosalyn Metz - v (leader)
# Chad Nelson - v (insubordinator)
# Andrew Pasterfield
# Aaron Coburn - n
# Arcadia Falcone -n
# Mike Beccaria - v
# '''Full group!'''
[http://bidamanda.com/ Bida Manda] (Laotian)
# Dre - v (leader)
# Heather Rayl - n
# Ranti Junus - v
# Jennifer Kishi - n
# Nabil Kashyap - n
[http://www.tnnirishpub.com/ Tir Na Nog] (Pub) [http://sitti-raleigh.com/index1.php Sitte] (Lebanese) - Meet in the hotel lobby at 6 pm; look for the short woman in the big brown hat
# Becky Yoose - v (benevolent dictator/leader) contact me at b.yoose at the google machine in case you might run late
# Michael Gibney - n
# Jeffrey Mudge - n
# Arie Nugraha - n
# '''Full group!'''
# '''Full group!'''
Group 2 (Can we keep this mostly newbies, please?) - '''Reservations
for 6 at 6:15 PM'''# Mx Matienzo - v (leader)
# Cary Gordon - v
# Mark Breedlove - n
# Coral Sheldon-Hess - n (pumpkin cornbread!?!?!)
[http://www.gravyraleigh.com/ Gravy] (Italian)
[http://www.theremedydiner.com/ The Remedy Diner] (Diner (lots of Veg*n options))
[http://www.centroraleigh.com/ Centro] (Mexican)
[http://brewmastersbarandgrill.com/ Brewmasters Bar and Grill] (Brewpub)
# Esmé Cowles - v (leader)
'''.5 to 1 mile from hotel'''
[http://boylanbridge.com/ Boylan Bridge Brewpub] (Brewpub)
[http://www.mantraindiancuisinebar.com/ Mantra] (Indian)
=== James B. Hunt Library Reception and Tour, Tuesday 3/25 ===
A reception and tour of the James B. Hunt Library on NCSU's Centennial Campus will take place on Tuesday, March
26, 5:00-7:30 PM. See the library, which opened in January 2013, through the eyes of the students in the over 3,000 Instagram photos in the [http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/myhuntlibrary My #HuntLibrary] project. The furniture alone has generated interest, as shown on the [http://chairsofhuntlibrary.tumblr.com/ Chairs of Hunt Library] Tumbler site .
'''Travel to Hunt'''
Buses will begin loading at the Sheraton at 5:00 PM after the day's sessions have concluded. The Hunt Library is 4 miles from the Sheraton.
light snacks will be made available in the Multipurpose Room, along with soft drinks and beer from the [http://www.ncsu.edu/foodscience/Sheppard/NCSU-12004%20Brewery%20Brochure1.pdf NC State Brewery].
Attendees will be welcome to embark on a self-guided tour of the library. Library staff will be on hand at selected locations, including hi-tech spaces such as the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/huntlibrary/bookBot bookBot] robotic book delivery system, the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/teaching-and-visualization-lab Teaching & Visualization Lab], the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/creativity-studio Creativity Studio], the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/game-lab Game Lab], and the [http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/spaces/makerspace Makerspace].
'''Travel back to the Sheraton'''
Buses will begin to load for the return trip at 6:45 PM. The last bus will leave the Hunt Library at approximately 7:
=== #libtechwomen meetup, Tuesday 3/25 ===
An informal meetup for women and their friends in library technology for networking and fun. Come join us! Learn more about #libtechwomen at [http://libtechwomen.org/about.html].
Time: Evening after the tour :c)
=== A/V Geeks Present: When Computers Were Young, Wednesday 3/26 ===
This event, [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/26/av-geeks-present-when-computers-where-young/ When Computers Were Young], will include "Actual 16mm school films that introduce us to the wonderful world of computers and their potential future -- all before Google!" Films will include Disney's Ethics in the Computer Age and more. This showing is an all ages, public event that is part of a series of monthly shows held at [http://kingsbarcade.com/ Kings Barcade], but the event has been scheduled and themed with the Code4Lib crowd in mind.
'''When:''' Doors open at 7:30 PM.
'''Where:''' Located two blocks from the Sheraton, Kings is a 250-capacity live music venue with a full bar and several local beers on tap. Kings is directly connected with the [http://neptunesparlour.com/ Neptunes Parlour], a cocktail lounge with classic arcade games, pinball, and nightly DJ's. The new [http://garlandraleigh.com/ Garland] Indian restaurant, operated by the same owners, is also downstairs.
'''Cost:''' The event is free with a suggested $5 donation.
'''Signup:''' Please add your name to the [http://wiki.code4lib.org/index.php/2014_AVGeeks_Signup sign up list] if you
would like to attend so that we can inform the organizers about the level of interest
== Social Map - Places of Interest==
[https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=211601269129937460559.0004d8d5902e5e3d04b05&msa=0&ll=35.782519,-78.640223&spn=0.01464,0.01929 Code4Lib 2014 Amenities Map, Downtown Raleigh, NC] - Amenities that are within walking distance of the Sheraton or the R Line circulator
== Ideas ==
Time and location to be determined
14 person pedal-powered [http://trolleypub.com/raleigh/ trolleys]. Can be booked for pub crawls in downtown or in the Warehouse District. BYOB allowed. Private tours for 8-14 people can be booked for $350 for two hour time slots between 11:00 AM and midnight. Smaller groups of 1-6 people can also
by 'Mixer' tickets for $30 (shared trolley).
*[http://ncartmuseum.org/calendar/ NC Museum of Art Calendar]
'''Fayetteville St. District''' (0-0.4 miles north)
* [http://clydecoopersbbq.com/ Clyde Cooper's BBQ]
* [http://garlandraleigh.com/ Garland] Indian
* [http://ac-restaurants.com/beasleys/ Beasley's Chicken & Honey] Fried Chicken, Chicken and Waffles (''Ashley Christiansen'')
* [http://www.oakcitymeatball.com/ Oak City Meatball Shoppe]
* [http://www.gravyraleigh.com/ Gravy] Italian-American
gravyraleigh.com/ Buku] Global street food
* [http://www.boltbistro.com/ Bolt] Bistro, Steakhouse, Seafood
* [http://ac-restaurants.com/fox/ Fox Liquor Bar] Cocktails, local beer (''Ashley Christiansen'')
* [http://www.slimsraleigh.com/ Slim's] Dive bar (live music)
* [http://www.cgracebar.com/ C Grace] Cocktails and live jazz
* [http://clockworkraleigh.com/ Clockwork] Retro cocktail lounge
'''Seaboard Station/Person St.'''
* [http://www.tylerstaproom.com/ Tyler's Tap Room] Beer
=== Breweries ===
* [http://doublebarleybrewing.com/ Double Barley Brewing] (Wilson Mills)
Other nanobrews: [http://subnoir.net/ Sub Noir Brewing] (Raleigh), [http://starpointbrewing.com/ StarPoint Brewing] (Carrboro), [https://www.facebook.com/sourwoodbrewingco Sourwood Brewing Company - Cider] (Durham)
=== Bottle Shops ===
* [http://triangleyarncrawl.com/ Triangle Yarn Crawl]
* [http://nuvyug.net/ India Fest] at Dorton Arena
* [http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/event/at-the-movies-frost-and-nixon At the Movies: Frost/Nixon] at NC Museum of History (free movie and lecture)
===Monday March 24===
===Tuesday, March 25===
* [http://www.visitraleigh.com/includes/calendar-of-events/NHL-Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-New-York-Islanders/24787/ NHL Carolina Hurricanes vs. New York Islanders], 7pm (for free bus see [http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/get-around/pepsi-caniac-coach Pepsi Caniac Coach])
===Wednesday, March 26===
* [http://www.dukeenergycenterraleigh.com/event/north-carolina-artists-exhibition-3994 2014 Artists Exhibition - Raleigh Fine Arts Society] at Betty Ray McCain Art Gallery
* [http://www.ncdcr.gov/ncmoh/Home.aspx Watergate: Politics, Scandal, and the Media] Panel discussion at the NC Museum of History (reservation required)
== Music ==
'''Sunday March 23'''
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/447527-matt-schofield-raleigh/ Matt Schofield] at Pour House
* Action Bronson at [http://www.catscradle.com/events/ Cat's Cradle] (in Carrboro)
'''Monday March 24'''
* [http://www.dpacnc.com/events/detail/csn Crosby, Stills & Nash] at Durham Performing Arts Center (in Durham)
* [http://southlandballroom.com/events/asleep-wheel/ Asleep at the Wheel] at Southland Ballroom
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/24/moullinex-live-with-marbeya-sound/ Moulinex with Marbeya Sound] at Kings Barcade* Devils Wears Prada with Ghost Inside, others at [http://www.lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm Lincoln Theater]
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/497289-daley-raleigh/ Daley] at Pour House
* Three 6 Mafia at [http://www.lincolntheatre.com/schedule.htm Lincoln Theater]
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/25/kings-presents-axxaabraxas-captured-tracks-at-slims/ Axxa/Abraxas] at Slim's
* [http://www.thepourhousemusichall.com/event/497341-coast-2-coast-live-raleigh/ Coast 2 Coast Live Interactive Showcase] at Pour House
* Open Mic Night at [http://www.deepsouththebar.com/ Deep South]
* [http://kingsbarcade.com/2014/03/27/good-graeff/ Good Graeff] at Kings Barcade
* Triathalon with Giant Giants at [http://www.slimsraleigh.com/ Slim's]
* Sarah Colonna (Comedy) at [https://center-stage.seatengine.com/venues/goodnights Goodnight's Comedy]
'''More Music Venues in the Greater Triangle'''
* Chapel Hill/Carrboro: [http://www.catscradle.com/ Cat's Cradle], [http://www.local506.com/calendar/ Local 506], [http://caverntavern.com/ The Cave], [http://www.chapelhillunderground.com/ Underground], [https://www.carolinaperformingarts.org/ Memorial Hall]
* Durham: [http://motorcomusic.com/ Motorco], [http://www.thepinhook.com/ Pinhook]
* Saxapahaw: [http://www.hawriverballroom.com/ Haw River Ballroom]