Welcome to Code4Lib BC! Begun in Summer 2013, this chapter aims to create connections and professional development opportunities for folks from British Columbia and surrounding areas.
If you're interested in hosting
Code4lib BC, please [ take a read over our Planner's Guide](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mh8haGBziQHiBkG_0byNgIEPxWIsBjKAXOss0cE9fJs/edit?usp=sharing ).
== '''Seventh Annual Code4Lib BC Unconference 2019''' ==
This year's Code4Lib BC will be held on the North Shore of Metro Vancouver, and jointly hosted by West Vancouver Memorial Library and Capilano University. The Thursday events will be held at the West Vancouver Memorial Library. Friday's activities will be held at Capilano University's main campus.
Is there a neat project you've been working on, a cool new tool you want to show off, or an interesting development in the world of library technology that you want to discuss?
| 9:15 || Lightning talks
* Icebreaker activity - Kevin Brash
1Ae6xkgPvxLTxpZYmZNYX94iXPki3BivB Scraping index pages and VuFind implementation] - Louise Brittain Boisvert
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1njuxu0CacJmVAq5NMwhdHgV8I--96lBe Blended learning in libraries: Google IT Support Certificate Program at Surrey Libraries] - Erol Olcay
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZLYro3HYm-GwvJqR1WF5vsGCFkIuA5I4 Implementing an IT service desk!] - Tamarack Hockin / Jason Swan
* Authorities cleanup - Trevor Smith
* [https://cynthiang.ca/2019/11/28/presentation-implementing-values-in-practical-ways/ Implementing values in practical ways] - Cynthia Ng
Ebooks - Michelle Yule
| 12:00 || Lunch (provided)
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B_BZrrvodFzX59YKsMWI1nnSG9TccGEH Code club for seniors] - Dethe Elza
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1__219rDiKi9R548yzi82eu0pCrhdZtW9JkcQFmDh4KA/edit?usp=sharing A review of open-source ERM options in 2019] - James Fournie
1HQHQcTYraRWFaTIxmpwC2yeHWQ1HKK90gkFC3TamiKA Organizing Ideas podcast] - Allison Jones / Karen Ng
* DokuWiki - Scott Leslie
| 10:30 || Break
* RefDesk Dashboard for Springshare data - Trevor Smith
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ISFhhYZhVzKs17GkEDV_ca-ukymWKlOY Implementing OpenAthens for eResource authentication] - Hillary Webb
Using Tableau to tell library stories - Tania Alekson
* Privacy-protecting technologies - Camille Ginnever