2010 Conference Buzz
Announcements From the Organizers
- twitter hashtag: #c4l10
- tag: c4l10
- Conference Program
- Breakout Sessions
- Lightning Talks
- Internet in guest rooms at the Renaissance Providence is FREE.
- Annotated Google Map
- Hospitality Suite: 1114 (“open when a warm body is there”) - can anybody bring a portable projector?
Does Anybody Want To...?
- Breakfast Tuesday - Thursday is continental
- Lunch is provided on Tuesday and Wednesday. Lunch options on other days
- Sunday & Monday
- Tuesday & Wednesday
Things To Do
- "36 Hours in Asheville, NC" piece in the New York Times TRAVEL section from 2007.
SSH Tunneling to get around blocked ports
Ports blocked? Try this:
- On your laptop, execute:
ssh -f -N -L 9999:chat.freenode.net:6667 machine.I.have.rights.on
...where chat.freenode.net:6667 is the machine/port you want to eventually get to, machine.i.have.rights.on is...well, that, and 9999 is an empty port on your local machine.
You'll be prompted for a password if you need one, after which you can put it in the background.
Then you can set up your chat software to talk to localhost:9999 and you're set.
Ground Crew Contacts
Please feel free to contact us about anything, any time, between now and the end of the conference.