2012 Craft Brew Drinkup
Date/Time TBA; to be held in hospitality suite
The Craft Brew Drinkup at Code4lib 2012 is all about sharing and enjoying good beer with fellow conference attendees. The idea is to bring bottles of your favorite beers.
While you're not obligated to bring local beers from whereever you're from, participants are definitely encouraged to bring beer that you think is special and might be somewhat hard for others outside your area to find. Homebrew is especially welcome. Sign up below with your name, where you're from, and list a few brews or bottles you're thinking about (but not necessarily committing to) bringing along. You can also request that people bring specific beer if you so desire, but don't necessarily expect that your wishes will be granted.
|Name||Location||Brews or Breweries I might bring||Requests|
|anarchivist||New Haven CT/Brooklyn NY||3 Floyds Dark Lord 2011; maybe Westvleteren Blonde; Berkshire Brewing company||Imperial porters/stouts; really funky-/Brett-tasting beers or wild ales; highly-hopped stuff|
Add using the following format: (person who you are making the request of): (your request) - (your name)
- This is an unofficial event organized by attendees of Code4lib 2012.
- All guests at the Drinkup must be 21 years of age or over with a valid form of ID.
- Any participation in the Drinkup is at your own risk.
Packing and Shipping Beer
If you're flying to Code4lib, you will have to consider how to bring your beer. Some attendees in past years have packed beer in their checked luggage, and others have purchased a beer shipper that was checked separately as luggage. In any event, you will not be able to bring beer in carryon luggage.
The following are links to resources that provide info on packing your beer for transit.
- How to pack and ship beer
- How to pack beer and wine into your luggage
- [http:// beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3880083 Flying With Beer (Beer Advocate forums)]
- Shipping beer while on business travel (Beer Advocate forums)
- A sample styrofoam beer shipper/box combo