2013 Code4Lib Midwest Conference
- 1 Code4Lib Midwest 2012
- 2 2011 Code4Lib Midwest Meeting
- 3 Previous C4L Midwest Regional Meetings
- 4 Mailing list
Code4Lib Midwest 2012
- Twitter hash tag: #c4lmw
Code4Lib MidWest meeting will be held at Michigan State University Libraries
- When - Tuesday, July 24th starting at 9am-ish until Wednesday, July 25th
- Where - MSU Libraries conference room (TBD)
- Contact - Ranti Junus (That One) , Kelly Sattler (Room Wrangler), Aaron Collie (Social & Logistics Buff), Mathew Reidsma (Programming Lord)
Share what you are working on! We are looking for 10-15 minute lightning talks, 30-60 minute in-depth talks, and 90-minute workshops. We would also love to hear some ideas for an afternoon hackfest. Add your name and a description of your talk below to sign up, or throw out an idea for hackfest.
Is your library facing a problem? Bring it to the hackfest and we'll work on some solutions. Remember! Hackfest topics don't need to be technical! We can work on solutions to hack organizational or political problems, too!
List your name, email address, and affiliation here to register for the meeting:
- Margaret Heller, email@example.com, Dominican University
- Amy Unger, firstname.lastname@example.org, University of Wisconsin -- Madison
- Matthew Reidsma, email@example.com, Grand Valley State University
- Francis Kayiwa, kayiwa@MyUniNext, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Ranti Junus, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michigan State University
- Lisa Rabey, email@example.com, Grand Rapids Community College
- Jim LeFager firstname.lastname@example.org, DePaul University
- Bill Dueber, email@example.com, University of Michigan
- Kyle Felker, firstname.lastname@example.org, Grand Valley State University
- Ken Irwin, kirwin[at]wittenberg.edu, Wittenberg University (Ohio)
2011 Code4Lib Midwest Meeting
The Code4Lib "Midwest" Meeting will be held at the University of Illinois at Chicago:
- Who - Anybody and everybody is invited, especially if you are interested in aspects of computers and librarianship
- What - A Code4Lib "mini-conference"
- When - Thursday, July 28th starting at 0830 until Friday, July 29th around 1300
- Where - Room 1470 Richard J. Daley Library, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago (Illinois) (home page, parking maps)
- Why - Because community is a good thing, and communication is the key to our success
- Contact Your local hosts are Francis Kayiwa and Abigail Goben, please see above for our email addresses if you need to contact us.
Suggested Hotel: Crown Plaza 733 W. Madison Chicago, IL
Public Transit Information: Transit Chicago
8:30 Room is open
9 a.m.-9:30 a.m. (approx) Lightning Talks
Peter Schlumpf presentation
9:30-12 p.m. Lightning presentations (tbd day of)
12 p.m.-1 p.m. Lunch
1 p.m.-3 p.m.
3--5 p.m. Hackfest
5:30-?? Happy Hour at Villains
8:30 a.m. Welcome
9 a.m.-1 p.m. Presentations
Rich Wolf presentation
Eric Lease Morgan
1 p.m.-5 p.m. Room is available for hackfest, etc etc
Lightning Talks, Show & Tell, and Workshops
If you would like to give a lightning talk, do a show & tell, or even give a more formal workshop, then please add your topic and name below. This will help others learn more about what the Meeting will have to offer.
- The New Research Library and Data Curation - Rick Johnson
- My DPLA Beta-Sprint proposal (The movie! Sample applications - Eric Lease Morgan
- learning jQueryUI & working on non-library projects - Ken Irwin
Previous C4L Midwest Regional Meetings
For better or for worse, Code4Lib "Midwest" has low-traffic mailing list/Google group. Consider subscribing.