2013 social activities
- 1 Ideas
- 2 Planned Events
- 3 Social Map - Places of Interest
- 4 Local Events
- 5 Local Food
- 6 Local Drinks
- 7 Chicago Events Feb 11-14
- Game Night! Type of games might vary due to interest, could range from party games like Werewolf, Wits & Wagers, Telestrations, Taboo, Apples to Apples to perhaps more strategic games like De Vulgari Eloquentia or Eclipse. Jon Gorman is willing to bring some games, are you? Jon will try to send out an email soon to get some interest.
- yo_bj: I have some games I can bring as well (Kill Doctor Lucky, Fluxx, Godzilla: Stomp, Munchkin Zombies, etc.)
- danwho: I 'll bring the Cards Against Humanity set.
- escowles: I've got lots of games I could bring like Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, Age of Renaissance, Elfenland, Agricola, Le Havre, Smallworld, RoboRally, etc. etc.
- Brewery tour - some possible candidates would be Goose Island, Brew Bus http://www.chicagobrewbus.com/, Piece, Revolution, Half Acre.
- Library field trips - because we're library geeks. Possible places include Newberry and Read/Write.--Read/Write Library confirmed for February 12.
Placeholder - more to come
Let's have dinner at a veg*n-friendly place one night of the conference. All welcome.
Details later. Suggestions on where to eat near the conference hotel? Interested in coming or co-organizing? Contact Jason at email@example.com.
Code4lib/Goose Island Brewing Pull Request
When: Wednesday, 2/13, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM
More information and sign up at 
Non-beery get together
When: Wednesday, 2/13, TBD (evening)
Contact: @dchud, @ranti, @yo_bj, @wendyrlibrarian
When: Monday, 2/11, TBD Contact: rosalynmetz at gmail dot com
No this is not a joke. If you haven't heard Rosy is an aspiring trapeze artists and wants to bring the fun to her friends in Code4Lib. There is a trapeze rig in Chicago and she plans on visiting it and hopes that some of you can come along as well. If its your first time taking a trapeze class, they'll start you off learning [a knee hang|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oqPi_zuX7A] and depending on how that goes you might be able to catch it at the end of class. If you have any questions about whether or not this is for you, [TSNY Chicago's website|http://chicago.trapezeschool.com/classes/trapeze.php] should have the answer, if not feel free to contact Rosy.
Trapeze is costly (just ask Rosy's paycheck) -- a class at TSNY Chicago runs $57. The class is limited to 10 spots and lasts about 2 hours. If you're interested in signing up, feel free to add yourself to the list below. If the class is full, add yourself to the waiting list.
Sign Up List
Social Map - Places of Interest
Chicago Events Feb 11-14
Monday February 11
Tuesday, February 12
Field trip to the Read/Write Library (details to follow). 6-9 PM+ Come help catalog the Read/Write Library catalog and hack on the library catalog. We will also invite friends from Code for America to hang out and talk civic data.