Difference between revisions of "2014 During the Conference Volunteers"
RileyChilds (Talk | contribs)
(→Session Timer Volunteers)
|Line 101:||Line 101:|
* Violeta Ilik
* Violeta Ilik
Revision as of 15:24, 17 March 2014
code4lib 2014 During the Conference Volunteers
Hospitality Suite Committee
This committee makes arrangements for any hospitality suite amenities (technology, snacks, games, icebreakers...) we may want.
Welcome Wagon Committee
Offers conference newcomers an opportunity to self-identify; offers oldtimers an opportunity to meet newcomers. May also want to constitute a year-round variation for #code4lib.
- Becky Yoose (b.yoose at google)
Responsible for non-IRC social networking presence.
1-2 person(s) to take questions for sessions (assuming there's time during the session) via Twitter/IRC. Mark if you can only do one or both.
Consider directing people with questions to presenter on twitter/IRC (if applicable) if there is no time for questions.
- Coral Sheldon-Hess (@web_kunoichi on Twitter, coral on IRC)
Demonstrate how to get onto #code4lib during Registration. Offer support for newcomers in #code4lib during the conference.
One of the easiest ways to participate is to Go here with your web browser. Choose a nickname (anything works so long as it is unique; if you want to be anonymous pick appropriately). Enter "code4lib" as the "Channel".
If you've managed to get into the channel without help, type "@helpers" (without the quotes) to see a list of #code4lib helpers.
- Becky Yoose (yo_bj in IRC)
- Riley Childs (rowdychildren)
Look into technology/procedures to make connecting to, and maintaining a connection to, IRC less painful. i.e. make sure wifi will allow connection, and someone needs to contact freenode about the sudden influx of people
- Riley Childs (rowdychildren in irc) (7044972086 if serious issue)
- Jeff Campbell
Riley has contracted Freenode, waiting on confirmation from ops team (3/15)
Registration Desk Volunteers
CONCENTRA will be working at the registration desk. We are looking for possibly one person to be a code4lib presence at the desk on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday 8-9 am
Adam Constabaris (first dot last with the cases on the down-low at gmail)
- Cary, boring, but reliable. Somewhat taller than Becky.
feel free to replace me with someone more interesting
- Dre, destroyer of cookies, doesn't look as good in a hat as Becky.
- Becky, destroyer of last names, singer of badly adapted show tunes
- Rosalyn, destroyer of fun, not as entertaining as Becky
- Cynthia, destroyer of jokes, babbler of the universe
Session Timer Volunteers
People who volunteer to sit up front, keep time (and bring timer equipment - i.e. a laptop with a stopwatch program). It's good to have two people in each slot to back each other up in case of machinery failure.
Schedule for Session Timers
- Francis Kayiwa
- Dan Kerchner
- Peter Murray
- Ranti Junus
- Maura Carbone
- Megan Kudzia
- Violeta Ilik
- William Hicks
- Bret Davidson
Whatever Else Needs to be Done
- Roy Tennant, royt in channel, text to 707-287-5580
- Riley Childs, rowdychildren, 7044972086 (I will do whatever, but I maybe running the stream.)