2014 During the Conference Volunteers
code4lib 2014 During the Conference Volunteers
Hospitality Suite Committee
This committee makes arrangements for any hospitality suite amenities (technology, snacks, games, icebreakers...) we may want.
Welcome Wagon Committee
Offers conference newcomers an opportunity to self-identify; offers oldtimers an opportunity to meet newcomers. May also want to constitute a year-round variation for #code4lib.
- Becky Yoose (b.yoose at google)
Responsible for non-IRC social networking presence.
For 2014, we might assign 1-2 person(s) to take questions for sessions (assuming there's time) via Twitter/IRC. Just a thought.
- Coral Sheldon-Hess (@web_kunoichi on Twitter, coral on IRC) - let me know what you need
Demonstrate how to get onto #code4lib during Registration. Offer support for newcomers in #code4lib during the conference.
If you've managed to get into the channel without help, type "@helpers" (without the quotes) to see a list of #code4lib helpers.
Look into technology/procedures to make connecting to, and maintaining a connection to, IRC less painful.
Registration Desk Volunteers
CONCENTRA will be working at the registration desk. We are looking for possibly one person to be a code4lib presence at the desk on Tuesday morning.
Tuesday 8-9 am
- Dre, destroyer of cookies, doesn't look as good in a hat as Becky.
- Becky, destroyer of last names, singer of badly adapted show tunes
- Rosalyn, destroyer of fun, not as entertaining as Becky
- Cynthia, destroyer of jokes, babbler of the universe
Session Timer Volunteers
People who volunteer to sit up front, keep time (and bring timer equipment - i.e. a laptop with a stopwatch program). It's good to have two people in each slot to back each other up in case of machinery failure.
Schedule for Session Timers
- Peter Murray
Whatever Else Needs to be Done
- Roy Tennant, royt in channel, text to 707-287-5580