2015 Preconference Proposals
Thank you for considering proposing a pre-conference! Here are a few details:
- We will be taking pre-conference proposals until November 7, 2014
- If you cannot or do not want to edit this wiki directly, you can email your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Examples from the 2014 pre-conference proposals can be found at http://wiki.code4lib.org/2014_preconference_proposals
- If you are interested in attending a particular pre-conference, please append your name below that proposal (indicating interest in more than one proposal is fine!)
- If you have an idea for a pre-conference, but cannot facilitate yourself please post the idea below and email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- NOTE: Pre-conferences are NOT included in the Code4Lib Conference price and will be held on Monday, February 9, 2015 as either full day or half day sessions
- Please use the template for proposals provided in the pre-formatted block below
Proposal formatting guidelines:
=== Preconference Title: === One of: '''"Full Day"''' '''"Half Day [Morning]"''' '''"Half Day [Afternoon]"''' * Facilitator's name, affiliation, and email address * Second facilitator's name, affiliation, email address, if second speaker Abstract ''Interested in Attending'' If you would be interested in attending, please indicate by adding your name (but not email address, etc.) here # # #
Post your ideas here!
Intro to Docker
Half Day [Whenever]
- John Fink, McMaster University, john dot fink at gmail dot com
- Francis Kayiwa, Kayiwa Consulting , francis dot kayiwa at gmail dot com
Docker (jbfink code4lib journal article) is an open source Linux operating system-level virtualization framework that has seen great uptake over the past year. This workshop will take you through the basic features of Docker, including setup, importing of containers, development workflows and deploying. Knowing when Docker is useful and when it isn't will also be covered. Ideally, every attendee will have ample experience creating and running their own Docker instances by the end.
Interested in Attending
"Half Day [Afternoon]" (but could be expanded based on interest)
- Chris Beer, Stanford University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional facilitators welcome.
This is a preconference session intended for first time Code4Lib speakers, habitual procrastinators, experienced speakers, those thinking about offering lightning talks, etc. If you're preparing a talk for this year's Code4Lib, this workshop is an opportunity to rehearse your presentation, get feedback from peers, get familiar with the presentation technology, etc.
Interested in Attending
If you would be interested in attending, please indicate by adding your name (but not email address, etc.) here