Difference between revisions of "2015 Social Activities"
(→Coffee: cat cafe)
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
=== Coffee ===
=== Coffee ===
== Local Drinks ==
== Local Drinks ==
Revision as of 17:05, 28 January 2015
The Social Activities Group is working on several events and social opportunities for after conference hours. We will be adding more events as they come along. Watch this page!
Also, if you find a cool event to go to, and want to share the wealth with others, feel free to add the event to the page. :)
- 1 Planned Events
- 2 Social Map - Places of Interest
- 3 Ideas
- 4 Local Food
- 5 Local Drinks
- 6 Portland Events
- 7 Getting Around
Newcomer Dinner, Monday, February 9th
First time at code4lib? Join fellow c4l newbies and veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and stimulating
discussions about demonstrations of the many uses of bacon XML EZProxy LibGuides alternatives.
Code4Lib veterans, you're invited too. Join us in welcoming the newcomers!
- When: Monday, February 9th
- Time: 6 PM (ish) or whenever you can get your group together
- Mastermind (if you have any questions): Becky Yoose
- Max of 6 per group
- Please, no waitlisting
- Some restaurants can hold multiple groups of six. It is up to you to investigate the venue to see if this is possible.
- ID yourselves so we can get a good mix of new people and veterans in each group
- New folks - n
- c4l vets - v
- One leader needed for each location (declare yourself! - Vets are highly encouraged to lead the group)
- Leader duties
- Make reservations if required; otherwise make sure that the restaurant can handle a group of 6 rowdy library tech type folks
- Herd folks from hotel to restaurant (know where you're going!)
- Leader duties
- See a restaurant that's not listed? Feel free to add one, but please make sure that it is open that Monday evening.
LibTechWomen Meetup, Tuesday February 10th
When: Tuesday, February 10th - 5:30pm - 7pm
Where: The Veggie Grill -- 508 SW Taylor St. (One block from the hotel.) Menu is here.
An informal meetup for women and their friends in library technology. No need to RSVP. I'll try to make sure there's an announcement ahead of time, and will be in the hotel lobby at 5:15 to point people in the right direction.
Questions? Sarah Simpkin
Craft Brew Drinkup, Tuesday February 10th
When: Tuesday, February 10th - 7pm - 10pm (ish)
Where: eBay Offices - 1400 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
The Craft Brew Drinkup at Code4lib 2015 is all about sharing and enjoying good beer with fellow conference attendees. The idea is to bring bottles of your favorite beers or non-alcoholic drinks.
While you're not obligated to bring local brews from wherever you're from, participants are definitely encouraged to bring brews that you think is special and might be somewhat hard for others outside your area to find. Homebrew is especially welcome as are non-alcoholic beverages. Hot water will be provided for those who want to bring tea blends.
This year, eBay has agreed to host the Code4Lib Drinkup at their offices in downtown Portland, a 6 block walk from the conference hotel. Attendees should expect to bring something to share, either drinks or snacks. Cups will be provided by the host.
Please Note: The space must be cleaned up and all folks gone no later than 11pm.
Please sign up on the Craft Drinkup wiki page to share the brews and bottles you're thinking of bringing along and special requests can be made, but don't expect that your wishes will be granted.
Run4Lib, Monday-Wednesday, Feb 9-11th
When: Monday-Wednesday (February 9th, 10th & 11th) leaving at 6:30AM
Where: Meet in Conf Hotel Lobby, see routes below.
Running Distance: 5k-ish
Run4Lib is about providing an easy opportunity to get your run on with other runners. We decided to alternate between two routes, both similar in distance.
Mon/Wed route:MapMyRun Run4Lib Mon/Wed Route
Tues route:MapMyRun Run4Lib Tues Route
Questions? : Whitni Watkins
Game Night (Date TBA)
Games sign up on the Game Night page
Where: ballroom/meeting room(s) at the Hilton. Date and time: TBD
Social Map - Places of Interest
Want to see a specific event? Add your own ideas here...
- Purringtons Cat Lounge - Cat cafe. Reservations required (hour slots, $8/person)
- Base Camp Brewing Co.
- Bridgeport Brewing
- Burnside Brewing Co.
- Cascade Brewing Barrel House
- Deschutes Brewery and Pub
- Hair of the Dog Brewing Co.
- Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery
- Rogue Distillery and Pub
- Tugboat Brewing Company
- Widmer Brothers Brewing
Bottle Shops and Taprooms
- Bailey's Taproom (Downtown)
- John's (SW)
- Belmont Station (SE)
- Bazi Bierbrasserie (SE)
- Beer Mongers (SE)
- APEX Bar (SE)
- Saraveza (N)
Saturday and Sunday, February 7 and 8
Monday, February 9
- Carmina Burana, 8:00 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Tuesday, February 10
- Carmen, 7:30 pm, Keller Auditorium
Wednesday, February 11
- Nederlands Dans Theater at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 7:30 pm; Already purchased a block of tickets for those who indicated interest early on. Anyone else buying a ticket late in the game and interested in joining us before the show for a bite to eat contact Andy Mardesich <Andy.Mardesich at ucop.edu>.