2015 Social Activities
The Social Activities Group is working on several events and social opportunities for after conference hours. We will be adding more events as they come along. Watch this page!
Also, if you find a cool event to go to, and want to share the wealth with others, feel free to add the event to the page. :)
- 1 Planned Events
- 2 Social Map - Places of Interest
- 3 Ideas
- 4 Local Food
- 5 Local Drinks
- 6 Portland Events
- 7 Getting Around
Newcomer Dinner, Monday, February 9th
First time at code4lib? Join fellow c4l newbies and veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and stimulating
discussions about demonstrations of the many uses of bacon XML EZProxy LibGuides alternatives.
Code4Lib veterans, you're invited too. Join us in welcoming the newcomers!
- When: Monday, February 9th
- Time: 6 PM (ish) or whenever you can get your group together
- Mastermind (if you have any questions): Becky Yoose
- Max of 6 per group
- Please, no waitlisting
- Some restaurants can hold multiple groups of six. It is up to you to investigate the venue to see if this is possible.
- ID yourselves so we can get a good mix of new people and veterans in each group
- New folks - n
- c4l vets - v
- One leader needed for each location (declare yourself! - Vets are highly encouraged to lead the group)
- Leader duties
- Make reservations if required; otherwise make sure that the restaurant can handle a group of 6 rowdy library tech type folks
- Herd folks from hotel to restaurant (know where you're going!)
- Leader duties
- See a restaurant that's not listed? Feel free to add one, but please make sure that it is open that Monday evening.
Restaurants - To be announced in January
Under .5 mile from hotel
.5 to 1 mile from hotel
More than 1 mile from hotel
Craft Brew Drinkup, Tuesday February 10th
When: Tuesday, February 10th @ 7pm
Where: eBay Offices - 1400 SW 5th Ave, Portland, OR 97201
The Craft Brew Drinkup at Code4lib 2015 is all about sharing and enjoying good beer with fellow conference attendees. The idea is to bring bottles of your favorite beers or non-alcoholic drinks.
While you're not obligated to bring local brews from wherever you're from, participants are definitely encouraged to bring brews that you think is special and might be somewhat hard for others outside your area to find. Homebrew is especially welcome.
This year, eBay has agreed to host the Code4Lib Drinkup at their offices in downtown Portland, a 6 block walk from the conference hotel. Attendees should expect to bring something to share. A wiki page will be set up for folks to share the brews and bottles you're thinking of bringing along and special requests can be made, but don't expect that your wishes will be granted.
Space is limited to the first 200 people who register.
Social Map - Places of Interest
Add your own ideas here
- Game night?
Bottle Shops and Taprooms
- Bailey's Taproom (Downtown)
- John's (SW)
- Belmont Station (SE)
- Bazi Bierbrasserie (SE)
- Beer Mongers (SE)
- APEX Bar (SE)
- Saraveza (N)
Monday, February 9
- Carmina Burana, 8:00 pm, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Tuesday, February 10
- Carmen, 7:30 pm, Keller Auditorium
Wednesday, February 11
- Nederlands Dans Theater at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, 7:30 pm; contact Andy Mardesich <Andy.Mardesich at ucop.edu> if interested (trying to get group ticket rates)