2016 Code4Lib Midwest Meeting
Code4Lib Midwest 2016 Meeting
Mark your calendars -- The University of Chicago Library will host the Code4Lib Midwest 2016 meeting in Chicago, IL.
Code4Lib MidWest meeting will be hosted by The University of Chicago Library.
- When - July 14 & 15, 2016 (NOTE: date change)
- Where - Regenstein Library, room 122, 1100 East 57th Street, Chicago. (Map)
- Who - contact person: Tod Olson ( tod at uchicago.edu )
Chicago is served by Midway Airport (closest to UChicago) and O'Hare International Airport (much further), Amtrak, and bus lines.
Directions to campus:
There are a few hotel options in Hyde Park, including:
- Hyatt Place Chicago-South/University Medical Center (5225 S Harper Ave, Chicago, IL 60615, (773) 752-5300)
About 1.2 miles from the meeting location and near a number of restaurants on 53rd St.
The parking garage at 55th St. & Ellis Ave. is an option for visitor parking, at a rate of $25 per day.
Tentative Thursday, July 14th
9:00-9:15: Welcome and introductory remarks
9:15-12:00: Talks & Break
1:00-5:00: Talks & Break
Tentative Friday, July 15th
9:00-12:00: Talks & Break
- WiFi: Wireless access will be provided, and UChicago is an Eduroam participant
Code4Lib Midwest programming depends on the folks attending the conference. Please consider giving a presentation or lightning talk, or submitting your ideas for a hackfest/workshop.
Share what you are working on! Add your name and a description below. Please also let us know how long you'll need, and whether you prefer Wednesday or Thursday (or if it doesn't matter)
(If you'd like to propose a workshop, talk to us.)
Talk Title - [Speaker Name]: [Description]
Have something cool to share but you don't want to be in front of the room for more than 5 minutes? Lightning talks are for you. Sign up now or at the conference:
Registration is free, though we will cap at 50. List your name, affiliation, and email address here to register for the meeting. If you signed up and are unable to attend please remove your name or contact us, so that we can make room for others.
Contact Ryan Wick (email@example.com) with your preferred username to set up a Code4Lib wiki account, or ask Tod Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to add your name to this list if you prefer not to set up an account.:
- Minhao Jiang - Wayne State (minhao.jiang % wayne.edu)
- Margaret Heller - Loyola University Chicago (email@example.com)
- Eric Lesae Morgan - University of Notre Dame (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jamie Carlstone - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Jdc6@illinois.edu)
- Remington Steed - Hekman Library, Calvin College (email@example.com)
- Dan Wells - Hekman Library, Calvin College (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christy Karpinski - Newberry Library - email@example.com
- Chris Day - School of the Art Institute - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Bean - email@example.com
- Ranti Junus - Michigan State University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ken Irwin - Wittenberg University (kirwin -AT- wittenberg.edu)
- Matt Schultz - Grand Valley State University (schultzm -AT- gvsu.edu)
- Graham Hukill - Wayne State University (email@example.com)