2017 Social Activities
- 1 Code4Lib 2017 Social Activities
- 1.1 Planned Events
- 1.2 Social Map - Places of Interest
- 1.3 Ideas
- 1.4 Local Food
- 1.5 Local Drinks
- 1.6 LA Events
- 1.7 Getting Around
Code4Lib 2017 Social Activities
The Social Activities Group is working on several events and social opportunities for after conference hours. We will be adding more events as they come along. Watch this page!
Also, if you find a cool event to go to, and want to share the wealth with others, feel free to add the event to the page. :)
Newcomer Dinner, Monday, March 6th
First time at code4lib? Join fellow c4l newbies and veterans for an evening of food, socializing, and stimulating
discussions about demonstrations of the many uses of bacon XML EZProxy LibGuides alternatives spreadsheets documentation.
Code4Lib veterans, you're invited too. Join us in welcoming the newcomers!
- When: Monday, March 6th
- Time: 6 PM (ish) or whenever you can get your group together
- Mastermind (if you have any questions): Becky Yoose
- Max of 6 per group
- Please, no waitlisting
- Some restaurants can hold multiple groups of six. It is up to you to investigate the venue to see if this is possible.
- ID yourselves so we can get a good mix of new people and veterans in each group
- New folks - n
- c4l vets - v
- One leader needed for each location (declare yourself! - Vets are highly encouraged to lead the group)
- Leader duties
- Make reservations if required; otherwise make sure that the restaurant can handle a group of 6 rowdy library tech type folks
- Herd folks from hotel to restaurant (know where you're going!)
- Leader duties
- See a restaurant that's not listed? Feel free to add one, but please make sure that it is open that Monday evening.
The restaurant list and sign up will be available by mid-February 2017.
Social Map - Places of Interest
Please add your idea with date/time! If you want to participate, please add your name.
- More formalized outing to The Getty Center on Sunday and/or Thursday afternoon?
- Trip to Getty
- Hammer Museum
Where To Eat at UCLA — a guide to food on campus.
Zomato —The 200 or so restaurants and coffee shops in and around Westwood, sorted by distance.
Bottle Shops and Taprooms
Saturday and Sunday, March 4 & 5
- Saturday only - International Printing Museum (You can also make an appointment during the week to see the museum!)
- Saturday only - José González & The Göteborg String Theory, Royce Hall, UCLA
- Sunday only - Smorgasburg, L.A.
- White Guy on The Bus, The Road on Magnolia
Monday, March 6
Tuesday, March 7
Wednesday, March 8
- Incident at Oglala, Hammer Museum
Thursday, March 9
- The Politics and Problematics of Representation, Hammer Museum
- Breaking News: Turning the Lends on Mass Media, Getty Center
- David Bowie: Among the Mexican Masters, Forest Lawn Memorial Park
- Fun Home, Ahmanson Theatre
- Zoot Suit Mark Taper Forum
All info on getting to the hotel is on the conference website: http://2017.code4lib.org/venue/