2018 Scholarship Documents/Application form
Code4Lib 2018 Diversity Scholarships
As part of Code4lib's ongoing commitment to reducing economic barriers that prevent participation for underrepresented groups and achieving a balanced representation of the human experience, we are pleased to announce that we are now seeking applicants for our 2018 Diversity Scholarship program! The Code4Lib Scholarship Committee hopes to award 15 Diversity Scholarships, based on merit and need. Each scholarship will cover up to $1200 for travel costs, lodging, and conference fees for selected applicants to attend the 2018 Code4Lib Conference in Los Angeles, CA. The deadline for applications is Friday, November 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET.
We do not expect scholarship recipients to be responsible for being an ambassador for their group or an educator of others during the conference. While learning and exchange may happen as a result of interactions between participants, scholarship recipients are encouraged to focus on getting the most out of their experience and have no special duties or obligations apart from conference attendance, engaged participation to their comfort, and giving us feedback on their experience.
Code4Lib conference 2018: http://2018.code4lib.org/
Diversity Scholarship Eligibility, Criteria, And Requirements
- An applicant must be a member of a group not well-represented within the code4lib community, including but not limited to: women, people of color, LGBTQ+, ability/disability, non-binary gender identities, etc. We also invite applications from members of underrepresented and/or marginalized groups that don't fit into the categories listed above.
- An applicant must be interested in actively contributing to the mission and goals of the Code4Lib Conference.
- The scholarship recipients will be selected based upon their merit and financial needs.
How to Apply
Complete the following form including:
- Your contact information
- Your brief letter of interest, no more than 500 words, which:
- Identifies your eligibility for a diversity scholarship
- Describes how you see yourself benefiting from and participating in Code4Lib2018 conference and the general Code4Lib community.
- Your current resume or CV
- Contact information for one reference that can speak to your professional goals and/or achievements
All documents in the application materials should be submitted as a single PDF file with file name LASTNAME-FIRSTNAME
For directions on creating a PDF File, see: http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-a-Microsoft-Word-Document-to-PDF-Format
Required fields marked with *
Name (Last Name, First Name)*
Preferred Email Address*
Upload together as 1 PDF file: Letter of interest (max 500 words) and current CV/resume*
Reference (Last Name, First Name)*
Reference Position and/or Title
Reference Email Address*
Reference Phone Number*
About Code4Lib Scholarship Notifications
The application deadline is Friday, November 17, 2017 at 11:59PM ET.
The scholarship committee will notify all applicants during the week of Monday, December 4, 2017 regardless of award results.