2020 Streaming Video Documents
Previous years: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
List of volunteers. Thanks everyone!
Streaming channel: Code4Lib - YouTube
Code4Lib will be using Zoom for remote presenters. In addition to the software, having the proper audio setup is key for a successful presentation.
- Microphone: The best option is a headset or earbuds so a microphone is close to your mouth. Built-in laptop microphones are okay, but using them will make it harder for the audience to hear you.
- Speaker: A headset or earbuds are required. Do not use your computer's built-in speakers. The echo cancellation software is designed for small rooms and cannot handle the delay caused by large ballrooms.
You can test your setup with a test Zoom call. Plan to connect to the Zoom meeting 30 minutes before your talk to work out any connection or setup issues.
Remote Speaker Schedule
|Presenter||Date/Time||Talk Title||Zoom Meeting|
|Jen Diamond||Monday, 11:05||The Agile Librarian or The Library Dev Shop||https://zoom.us/j/841148864 (A)|
- Feed from camera supplied by the A/V contractor (HDMI)
- Feed split from the podium computer (HDMI)
- Backup camera for speaker (HDMI)
- Backup camera for video of slides as displayed on screens (RCA)
- Audio system feed to the encoding computer via cable terminated with 1/4" plug (one channel, mono is fine).
- MacBook Pro
- Encoding/Streaming: mimoLive by Boinx software
|Item||Model||Connection / Port / Standard||Source||Notes|
|Backup camera on speaker||Panasonic HC-V110||HDMI||Peter|
|Backup camera on screen||Panasonic SDR-S50||Composite||Peter||Backup for capturing projected content|
|HDMI to USB3||Blackmagic Shuttle (USB3), Qty 2||Peter||One purchased previously by Code4Lib local host committees|
|HDMI cables||1m, 3m||Peter|
|Audo digitizer||Behringer UFO202||Peter||Might be able to use a Shuttle to do this|
YouTube Streaming Setup
Links below and thumbnails to the right bring up a larger sized image.
You can set up all of the events in advance of the conference.
- Create event on YouTube
- Set advanced settings for YouTube event
- Set thumbnail and stream key for YouTube event
Use mimoLive to start streaming to the appropriate YouTube event.
Peter Murray has been asked a couple of times about the setup being used at Code4Lib. See 2018 for previous thoughts. Thoughts below come from 2020.
None at the moment.