Difference between revisions of "BC"

From Code4Lib
Jump to: navigation, search
m (social)
(Changed registration from 'open' to 'closed'.)
 
(184 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
Welcome to code4lib BC!  
+
Welcome to Code4Lib BC! Begun in Summer 2013, this chapter aims to create connections and professional development opportunities for folks from British Columbia and surrounding areas.
  
Begun in Summer 2013, this chapter aims to create connections and professional development opportunities for folks from British Columbia and surrounding areas.
+
You can find the public discussion channel on the Code4lib Slack in #c4lbc.
  
 +
If you're interested in hosting, please [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mh8haGBziQHiBkG_0byNgIEPxWIsBjKAXOss0cE9fJs/edit?usp=sharing take a read over our Planner's Guide].
  
== '''Sixth Annual Code4lib BC Unconference 2018''' ==
+
== '''Eighth Annual Code4Lib BC Unconference 2021''' ==
  
'''Save the dates!'''
+
'''Thursday, 18 February and Friday, 19 February'''
  
*Thursday, 29 November and Friday, 30 November
+
'''[https://douglascollege-ca.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5Euf-yhpjkrGNRllxNUIxeBkABkJKsN6j9Y Registration is now closed] for Code4Lib BC 2021!'''
  
This year's C4LBC will be held in Nanaimo, BC, and jointly hosted by the University of Vancouver Island and Vancouver Island Regional Library. Again! The Thursday events will be held in downtown Nanaimo at VIRL's Harbourfront Branch. Friday's activities will be held the the VIU campus. This year's organisers are trying hard to make everything as easy as possible for mainlanders travelling to the island, so stay tuned for details on transportation, accommodations, and much more.  
+
Code4Lib BC is different this year. Obviously we won’t be seeing each other in person. Nobody needs to organize hotels or transportation. And probably many of us have conference-zoom fatigue.  So we’re going to focus on the basics: get in your comfy clothes at home and share your awesome library ideas with like-minded folks.
 
+
[https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2018-code4libbc-unconference-vancouver-island-tickets-50429527073 Registration is now open!]
+
  
 
=== What's it all about? ===
 
=== What's it all about? ===
Line 18: Line 17:
 
It's a 2-day unconference - a participant-driven meeting bringing together a diverse and open community of library developers and non-developers engaging in effective, collaborative problem-solving through technology regardless of their department or background.
 
It's a 2-day unconference - a participant-driven meeting bringing together a diverse and open community of library developers and non-developers engaging in effective, collaborative problem-solving through technology regardless of their department or background.
  
The event will feature lightning talks, breakout sessions, with coffee, tea and snacks provided. Lightning talks are brief presentations which are typically 10 minutes in length on topics related to library technologies. Breakout sessions are an opportunity to bring participants together in an ad hoc fashion for a short, yet sustained period of problem solving, software development and fun. If there is a neat project you're been working on, a cool new tool you want to show off, or an interesting development in the world of library technology that you want to discuss, Code4Lib BC is a great opportunity to share with the community!
+
This year’s event will feature lightning talks and breakout sessions. Lightning talks are brief, 10-minute presentations on topics related to library technologies. Breakout sessions are an opportunity to bring participants together in an ad hoc fashion for a short, yet sustained period of problem solving, software development and fun. Sadly (or gladly), all of the coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided by your kitchen.  Whether you’re just getting your library-IT feet wet or if you’re a grizzled, salty dog, Code4Lib BC is a great opportunity to share with the community!
  
'''What's included''': wifi, power, coffee/snacks, lunches, prizes, limited transportation from downtown Nanaimo to VIU campus.
+
* '''What's included''': online platform and bubbling ideas.
  
'''What's NOT included/what to bring''': a laptop, dinner, your ideas and enthusiasm.
+
* '''What's NOT included''': a conference room, uncomfortable chairs, a laptop, food, your ideas and enthusiasm.
  
'''Hashtag''': #c4lbc
+
* '''What to bring''': a comfy chair or couch, a laptop, food, your ideas and enthusiasm.
  
'''Code of Conduct''': As a Code4Lib event, we adhere to the [http://bit.ly/coc4lib Code4Lib Code of Conduct], which seeks to provide a welcoming, harassment-free environment.
+
* '''Hashtag''': [https://twitter.com/search?q=%23c4lbc&f=live #c4lbc]
  
===Lightning Talk Proposals and Breakout Suggestions===
+
* '''Code of Conduct''': As a Code4Lib event, we adhere to the [http://bit.ly/coc4lib Code4Lib Code of Conduct], which seeks to provide a welcoming, harassment-free environment.
  
Is there a neat project you've been working on, a cool new tool you want to show off, or an interesting development in the world of library technology that you want to discuss?
+
===Lightning Talk and Breakout Session Ideas===
  
Submit your [https://goo.gl/forms/477mUwdPWj7qCCVk2 lightning talk/breakout suggestion] 
+
Is there a neat project you've been working on, a cool new tool you want to show off, or an interesting development in the world of library technology that you want to discuss?  Share your ideas in our Lightning Talks.
  
See what's already been [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IooK5wBd7JinNnNVdrh9dV_e5XgMfEqVZ3WDWesz-t0 submitted]
+
* [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16sFCWjhFYeiaGqU5BrFMEdEQVN7sORthMmnuQsWfVO8 See what was submitted last time.]
  
===Food/Transportation===
+
=== Schedule ===
  
Do you have dietary restrictions? Let us know when you register.
+
'''''Please note that all times are PST (Vancouver, Canada). This [https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/ time zone converter] may be useful.'''''  
 
+
Are you traveling from Victoria or the Lower Mainland? Are you interested in sharing transportation? Please contact:
+
*carpool from Victoria to Nanaimo please contact Charles Hogg at charles.hogg@leg.bc.ca.
+
*carpool from Lower Mainland to Nanaimo please contact James Fournie at jfournie@vcc.ca.
+
 
+
Transportation to Nanaimo from the mainland is best made by ferry to Departure Bay, or by seaplane/helijet
+
*[http://www.bcferries.com/schedules/mainland/hbna-current.php BC ferries from West Van to Departure Bay]. If you are interested in carpooling from the Vancouver area, please let us know.
+
*[http://www.seairseaplanes.com/schedules Seair Seaplanes to Nanaimo] from YVR or downtown Vancouver (Flights can be delayed due to weather this time of year)
+
*[http://www.harbourair.com/book-a-flight/locations/nanaimo/ Harbour Air Seaplanes to Nanaimo] from YVR or downtown Vancouver (Flights can be delayed to due weather this time of year)
+
*[http://helijet.com/helijet-introduces-nanaimo-vancouver-flights/ Helijet to Nanaimo] from YVR or downtown Vancouver.
+
*[http://www.tofinobus.com/ Tofino Bus] and [https://www.islandlinkbus.com/ IslandLinkBus] from Victoria and Other Island Locations to Nanaimo.
+
 
+
This year were are please to offer a draw for a chance to win one of two travel bursaries [$300 each]. One for a student, one for a non-student: [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CA7MCh63ko70LVdEPFkq6IiGryKQifR7DkMeVgsH7-Q Enter the Bursary Draw]. '''Bursary update:''' The draw is now closed. Congratulations to this year's bursary recipients: Kristen Allford and Paul Burry!
+
 
+
===Accommodations===
+
 
+
The [https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/nanaimo/coast-bastion-hotel/ Coast Bastion Hotel] has reserved a block of 10 rooms per night at the government rate (Nov 28/29)
+
 
+
Guests can call 800-663-1144 and quote “Code4Lib” or group code CBI-GFC18933 to book under the block.
+
 
+
This block will be held until October 29th, any remaining rooms will be sent back to general inventory. After that, guests can still book under the block, but based on general availability.
+
+
*Comfort Rooms – 2 beds $117.00
+
*Superior Rooms – 2 Bed or 1 Queen bed $127.00
+
*Premium Rooms – 1 King bed $137.00
+
+
Other accommodation options can be found [https://goo.gl/aSm4MQ here.]
+
 
+
=== Schedule ===
+
  
 
==== Day 1 ====
 
==== Day 1 ====
 
Events will be held at [https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Vancouver+Island+Regional+Library/@49.1655907,-123.9386119,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x5488a15814a89c2b:0xa00f9e80da1f7296!8m2!3d49.1655907!4d-123.9364232 VIRL's Harbourfront library branch].
 
 
Parking: Recommend underground parking under library. Entrance to lot off Front St. or Museum Way.
 
  
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
| 8:30 || Doors open
+
| 8:30 || Virtual venue opens
 
|-
 
|-
| 9:00 || Welcome & Announcements
+
| 9:00 || Welcome and announcements
 
|-
 
|-
| 9:15 || Lightning Talks <!--
+
| 9:15 || Lightning talks
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1M1lC5ZosVXIkoNSMpM-6FvChcbn8ILdn0vJ-frwXDeY/edit?usp=sharing Code4lib/BC: What's it all about] - Cynthia Ng
+
* [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiOwRZJKJ-U Want to play with OBS Studio in the Library?] - Kevin Brash
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AaHddtez0MxGUeZjsXoilA0_KQ7LrfcWRBIMeItS5nI/edit?usp=sharing Canadian Federated Data Repository] - Alex Garnett
+
* [https://hackmd.io/@dethe/HklTTpqWO#/ Temporary file sharing with Moat,  Lightweight Animation with Shimmy,  Advanced Markdown with HackMD,  Games at the Library] - Dethe Elza
* Using Ms Access to make vendor reports or local workflows less painful - Trevor Smith
+
* Engaging Public Programming with High and Low Tech - Candie Tanaka
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=10KdeR8LkrGMvZHQfSCkBmNSuh-BpGl_k3_2K9591a4A Games Day in the Library] - Kevin Brash
+
* My recent time at the Recurse Center ([https://www.recurse.com Recurse Center], [https://axfelix.github.io axfelix.github.io])- Alex Garnett
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UknFe0E0-U4DAKiNV9hQH-E6WQiERrFTkycvdZM5JRc/edit?usp=sharing What's in the Bag? Indexing and querying Bags with Elasticsearch] - Mark Jordan -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
| 10:30 || Coffee break
+
| 10:30 || Break
 
|-
 
|-
| 10:45 || Lightning Talks, cont'd <!--
+
| 10:45 || Lightning talks (continued)
* Restoring an interactive videotex art exhibition from the mid-1980s - John Durno
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BAhHCmX-_XQPTAuEXf4rL5s88ls-CdKS/view?usp=sharing Link checking the uncheckable: Using Google Sheets to link check LibGuides catalogue assets] - George Villavicencio
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13ETpshoL-YbRZaGuihG77sAaTjG4IAhM9zRzQOdLFnk/edit#slide=id.p3 I.T. things at FVRL: Sphero/Spark robots, Green Screens and VR Experience] - Traci Monchamp / Lewis Vacek / Tamarack Hockin
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTDnb-i_rYpqCHjzH9U7JCAeMbj2Yr-q/view?usp=sharing Setting up a Softphone System for Remote Reference Services] - Wendy Zhang
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xlFfKANrl3Ub_d5O5lGz_Fs4u9Gt6Uz8dfjYTKWTlh8/edit?usp=sharing ILS Migration Change Management: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly] - Janice Banser
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/18-T2kDdBxY0Z2uSPvjtP7DtKM_rP3dn7/view?usp=sharing Github and Github pages for collaborative workshop development] - Eka Grguric
* Getting Started with RFPs - Trevor Smith
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NZyMFX2_4-s4ofYP19pA21gTWFy2EQdc/view?usp=sharing Moving leased collections from catalogue to discovery layer] - Trevor Smith
* [http://hdl.handle.net/10613/5229 Contest of champions: Headless Battle] - Daniel Sifton -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
| 12:00 || Lunch (Provided)
+
| 12:00 || Lunch
 
|-
 
|-
| 1:00 || Breakout Sessions <!--
+
| 1:00 || Breakout sessions
* GODOT has left the building : the CUFTS/GODOT end of life debrief for everybody- Maryann Kempthorne
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZfOdVXuxwFf85dpGb6EjhNuwiSMWL-NmakZe6IiIRHM/edit?usp=sharing Data and reporting] (facilitator Trevor Smith)
* Show + tell IT things breakout : VIRL Creativity Commons - Geoffrey Allen / FVRL IT Things - Traci Monchamp, Lewis Vacek, Tamarack Hockin -->
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/13avB9KwPONn5wQthJRREjQDVsbDZQPPlNpsti3K6ATU/edit?usp=sharing Building a Community around Open Source] (facilitator Dethe Elza)
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 2:30 || Break
 
| 2:30 || Break
 
|-
 
|-
| 2:45 || Breakout Sessions, cont'd <!--
+
| 2:45 || Breakout sessions (continued)
* Using Ms Access to make vendor reports or local workflows less painful (expanded) - Trevor Smith
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUTe8nDcZZ1fwujvtslBeFpqdOO_OI6_cAQacE4kE4w/edit?usp=sharing Challenges & solutions for working remotely] (facilitator George Villavicencio)  
* Hosting Code4libBC - Geoffrey Allen, Cynthia Ng, Ben Hyman, Daniel Sifton -->
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m2oYPQd7tu6d6jxprWn_S-xjVWUoA70aqftwmyH1WkA/edit?usp=sharing Natural Language Processing] (facilitator Eric Morgan)
 
|-
 
|-
| 4:00 || Breakout Reports
+
| 4:00 || Breakout reports
 
|-
 
|-
| 5:00 || Social Event at [http://whitesailsbrewing.com/ White Sails Brewery] with pizza from [http://mambogourmetpizza.com/ Mambo Pizza]
+
| 5:00 || Social event
* [https://goo.gl/6MM7vv Directions] from VIRL to White Sails
+
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
==== Day 2 ====
 
==== Day 2 ====
Events will be held at [https://www2.viu.ca/map/ VIU's Building 305, Room 507]
 
 
A bus (with a friendly, qualified driver) will pick up attendees from the Coast Bastion on Friday morning at 8:20 am. If needed the bus will return for another load of passengers ~20 minutes later.
 
 
The same bus, with the same friendly, qualified driver, will deliver attendees to the Departure Bay ferry terminal at the end of the day.
 
 
Parking: Closest is Lot N; some spaces in Lots F & C are short-term; [https://www2.viu.ca/facilities/Campus_Development/Site%20Map%20and%20Info/Site%20Map%20BARRIER%20FREE%20ROUTES%20Nanaimo%20Campus.pdf VIU Parking Map]
 
 
 
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
| 8:30 || Doors open
+
| 8:30 || Virtual venue opens
 
|-
 
|-
| 9:00 || Announcements
+
| 9:00 || Welcome and announcements
 
|-
 
|-
| 9:15 || Lightning Talks<!--
+
| 9:15 || Lightning talks
* [http://hdl.handle.net/10613/5230 Supplejack Triclops Architecture] - Daniel Sifton
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AkDSWcjofcWop0Tawfils4ejdqnHb-_C/view?usp=sharing Glitch: errors revealed by code] - George Villavicencio
* Open Source, Open Access, Open Data - Maryann Kempthorne
+
* [https://jamesrf.github.io/c4lbc21-luigi/ Luigi] - James Fournie
* Linking video and audio in the Hansard - Mike Sinclair
+
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lfU20DhWt2Dzbw86AsEov_Bx60quvDEqfXTROAAKMnw/edit?usp=sharing The Distant Reader] - Eric Morgan
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qd2vczQqx-SCgIMXp89UTMYW7C5P-r92d4yfpq77VF8/edit?usp=sharing Getting Started with Automating your EZproxy] - James Fournie
+
* Putting together a queer cinema mini-catalogue using Searchkit (Elasticsearch + React + Node.js) ([https://queercinema.capilanou.ca queercinema.capilanou.ca], [https://searchkit.co searchkit.co]) - Michel Castagné 
* Smallest Possible Library Online Tools "SPLOT" - Scott Leslie -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
| 10:30 || Coffee break
+
| 10:30 || Break
 
|-
 
|-
| 10:45 || Lightning Talks, cont'd <!--
+
| 10:45 || Lightning talks (continued)
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1k08ku9tfarqkfAlN5H1WDhcBvWZOiy5VzGNsxCcB92E/edit?usp=sharing We have detected spider/robot activity on our site] - Calvin Mah
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/12I248NC6icz0Tiqz_rPpVoZqBP2l1_h6/view?usp=sharing Zooming into Virtual Programming] - Lindsay Russell
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Ymp2BuB3kq-3cvFSuQRoS8EWMIx4LWSDP_MJOE5_GkQ/edit?usp=sharing Using Islandora to centralize access to distributed content] - Mark Jordan
+
* [https://drive.google.com/file/d/146oY9IByka3hwDwUtBtqXJ6kbb9dcMK-/view?usp=sharing Excel tricks with Get & Transform] - Trevor Smith
* Systems Projects in Special Libraries - Charles Hogg
+
* [https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1XRa8YD-rquXBvvdvkLp4H6X8ahMZWAygx05RUc1yHps/edit?usp=sharing Recent developments at FRDR] - Alex Garnett
* OCR tools for non-Latin alphabets - Rebecca Dickson
+
* [https://github.com/schuyberg/c4lbc-crawler Who Needs an API Anyway? Web Crawling with Puppeteer] - Schuyler Lindberg
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UVCQxDW9wVQFyRykiHsNkroGaQeE441Y Through the Looking Glass: A Parallel World of Print Collections Data] - Jean Blackburn -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
| 12:00 || Lunch (Provided)
+
| 12:00 || Lunch
 
|-
 
|-
| 1:00 || Breakout Sessions<!--
+
| 1:00 || Breakout sessions
* [https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2ZOPYZz3SZ4WdePkrXKqEGhYuYHW07WQDuEIwNw5ps Parse, Harvest, Repeat: Hands on metadata ingestion in the Supplejack stack] - Daniel Sifton / James Fournie
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/18gRGoJcaCePkIxoHc0_Z1vwxQI2sEDry5Okt-WBKv4g/edit?usp=sharing Largest improvements in Library technology] - Maryann Kempthorne
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rz9V89VmxqIJD6c9zistu5T_JZ_ujErHpNZm5joUx64/edit?usp=sharing/ Web Archiving: Coordinating efforts, sharing best practices] - Dana McFarland
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKciga3MtAZSSqM5uZTtrT3ue0oSOas46Ad8deVKeVA/edit?usp=sharing Virtual programming] - Kevin Brash
* [[Brainstorming possible SPLOTs]] - Scott Leslie & Jonathan Schatz-->
+
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 2:30 || Break
 
| 2:30 || Break
 
|-
 
|-
| 2:45 || Breakout Sessions, cont'd <!--
+
| 2:45 || Breakout sessions (continued)
* Linking video and audio in the Hansard (Expanded/Discussion) - Mike Sinclair
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lMlFrXL-e7VHj8vvk1wLM7NQKqbKQVvsre1B--Bg0Xs/edit?usp=sharing Accessibility (accessible self-checkouts, cloud library/mobile self-checkouts, library apps, etc.)] - George Villavicencio
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LyL5AlPTTMW2YMT6-YG2p4iSiYQBA76RFwnH9h3wIyY/edit?usp=sharing All the DOCs]: Documentation and workflows - Cynthia Ng / Tamarack Hockin
+
* [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f80kVkb9a9NBWfgpoRVIycpdy3-Uz0j9gsx7G-hKCUU/edit?usp=sharing Link checking strategies] - Schuyler Lindberg
* Wordpress nightmare - Allison Trumble -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
| 4:00 || Breakout Reports
+
| 4:00 || Breakout reports
|-
+
| 5:00 ||Meet up somewhere for drinks <!-- at [http://dev-viusu.pantheonsite.io/students-union-pub/ VIU Student Pub] -->
+
 
|-
 
|-
 +
| 5:00 || Social event???
 
|}
 
|}
  
==== Feedback ====
+
=== Sponsors ===
Coming later . . .
+
 
<!--
+
While Code4Lib BC no longer solicits sponsorship, we want to acknowledge the continued administrative and fiscal support from the [https://bc.libraries.coop/ BC Libraries Cooperative].
Post conference, don't forget to fill out the [https://drive.google.com/open?id=111KryIRlWFywHojIfaFt2ziViJuQDdvENHxIDyThpqI feedback form]
+
-->
+
=== Organizers ===
+
  
* Daniel Sifton
+
=== 2021 Organizers ===
* Dana McFarland
+
* Ben Hyman
+
* Jason Kuffler
+
* Charles Hogg
+
* Paris Carr
+
* James Fournie
+
* Cynthia Ng
+
* Tamarack Hockin
+
* Allison Trumble
+
* Geoffrey Allen
+
  
 +
* Trevor Smith
 +
* George Villavicencio
 +
* Lindsay Russell
 +
* Kristina Long
  
Comments or questions? Get in touch with us at c4lbc-organizers@googlegroups.com.
+
Comments or questions? Get in touch with Trevor Smith at [mailto:smitht7@douglascollege.ca smitht7@douglascollege.ca].
  
 
= '''Past Events''' =
 
= '''Past Events''' =
  
 
See our [[BC_Past_Events|past events]] page.
 
See our [[BC_Past_Events|past events]] page.

Latest revision as of 01:09, 2 March 2021

Welcome to Code4Lib BC! Begun in Summer 2013, this chapter aims to create connections and professional development opportunities for folks from British Columbia and surrounding areas.

You can find the public discussion channel on the Code4lib Slack in #c4lbc.

If you're interested in hosting, please take a read over our Planner's Guide.

Eighth Annual Code4Lib BC Unconference 2021

Thursday, 18 February and Friday, 19 February

Registration is now closed for Code4Lib BC 2021!

Code4Lib BC is different this year. Obviously we won’t be seeing each other in person. Nobody needs to organize hotels or transportation. And probably many of us have conference-zoom fatigue. So we’re going to focus on the basics: get in your comfy clothes at home and share your awesome library ideas with like-minded folks.

What's it all about?

It's a 2-day unconference - a participant-driven meeting bringing together a diverse and open community of library developers and non-developers engaging in effective, collaborative problem-solving through technology regardless of their department or background.

This year’s event will feature lightning talks and breakout sessions. Lightning talks are brief, 10-minute presentations on topics related to library technologies. Breakout sessions are an opportunity to bring participants together in an ad hoc fashion for a short, yet sustained period of problem solving, software development and fun. Sadly (or gladly), all of the coffee, tea, and snacks will be provided by your kitchen. Whether you’re just getting your library-IT feet wet or if you’re a grizzled, salty dog, Code4Lib BC is a great opportunity to share with the community!

  • What's included: online platform and bubbling ideas.
  • What's NOT included: a conference room, uncomfortable chairs, a laptop, food, your ideas and enthusiasm.
  • What to bring: a comfy chair or couch, a laptop, food, your ideas and enthusiasm.
  • Code of Conduct: As a Code4Lib event, we adhere to the Code4Lib Code of Conduct, which seeks to provide a welcoming, harassment-free environment.

Lightning Talk and Breakout Session Ideas

Is there a neat project you've been working on, a cool new tool you want to show off, or an interesting development in the world of library technology that you want to discuss? Share your ideas in our Lightning Talks.

Schedule

Please note that all times are PST (Vancouver, Canada). This time zone converter may be useful.

Day 1

8:30 Virtual venue opens
9:00 Welcome and announcements
9:15 Lightning talks
10:30 Break
10:45 Lightning talks (continued)
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Breakout sessions
2:30 Break
2:45 Breakout sessions (continued)
4:00 Breakout reports
5:00 Social event

Day 2

8:30 Virtual venue opens
9:00 Welcome and announcements
9:15 Lightning talks
10:30 Break
10:45 Lightning talks (continued)
12:00 Lunch
1:00 Breakout sessions
2:30 Break
2:45 Breakout sessions (continued)
4:00 Breakout reports
5:00 Social event???

Sponsors

While Code4Lib BC no longer solicits sponsorship, we want to acknowledge the continued administrative and fiscal support from the BC Libraries Cooperative.

2021 Organizers

  • Trevor Smith
  • George Villavicencio
  • Lindsay Russell
  • Kristina Long

Comments or questions? Get in touch with Trevor Smith at smitht7@douglascollege.ca.

Past Events

See our past events page.