Yitzchak Schaffer is tentatively organizing a carpool from or through the NYC area to the con in Asheville, NC. See  for the original proposal, the idea being to rent a car/van, or use someone's if possible. Parties expressing interest:
- Mark Matienzo (NYC)
- Bess Sadler (VA)
- Gabriel Farrell (Philly, PA)
- Mike Giarlo (State College, PA, but can take train to Philly)
- Jennifer (Boston MA, has car)
- Erin White (Richmond, VA)
- Kevin Reiss (New Jersey - Exit 10)
Rates for full-size car (driver + 4) and van as of Dec. 9, 2009 from NY/NJ, without precon:
- Budget: 303 / 446 (7 pass)
- Avis: 369 / 459 (7 pass)
- Hertz: 340 / 501 (7 pass)
- Enterprise: mileage limitation
Esme Cowles is planning to drive up from Gainesville, FL and could take up to 3 others from Florida, South Carolina or Georgia (depending on route). Anyone interested?
Michael Klein has created a C4L2010rideshare page for more general rideshare/airport ground transportation/other Asheville-bound travel planning.