C4L2011 planning wishlist
Code4Lib 2011 ideas
See also C4L2010planning: wishlist
- Ask people to download in advance
- Remind preconference leaders 2 weeks before the conference to send an email to registrants. (Email registrants 1 week in advance b/c time before travel is hectic, may be offline)
If you do the preconferences in the main conference space (vs. in spread-out off-site spots), many people will expect breakfast or at least regular coffee/tea/soft-drink breaks throughout the day (so have them?)
Providence, power supplies on top of the table, worked well
Presentations and Program
- Make people use a single conference PC (but Mac, Linux, Win?)
- Ask for slides (investigate option for sharing ad-hoc)
- Reserve time in the schedule for "Ask Anything"
- Schedule the lightning talk slots before the breakouts on each day
- Expect higher bandwidth issues on pre-conferences if held in same venue. ???
- Find out exactly which ethernet ports in the venue are on the protected bandwidth dedication and be sure speakers are hooked to them.
- Make sure wireless access points are not plugged into ports that have protected bandwidth dedication.
- For preconferences, do downloads before coming - minimizes problems with bandwidth, and saves time at the preconference to work with the app
- Bandwidth usage, for planning
- Do ask anything before the first bunch of breakout sessions. Organize some breakout sessions based on questions/answers
- Include institution, please.
- Leave space on name tags for first-timer self-identification
- Leave space on name tags for doodling one's interests
Packet Handed Out
- list of attendees - name, institution, email ... projects/topic of interest? (free text field on form?)
- map of meeting rooms
- brief schedule (titles only)
- full schedule (abstracts)
- list of restaurants is great!
- Projector is awesome - do this
Room size/slide visability
Smaller distance to front of room Remind speakers to fontup Make sure bottom of screen is visible with peoples' heads in the way
non-black much appreciated at 2010