C4LMW14 Code of Conduct
Code4Lib Midwest is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a conference organizer immediately.
The conference planning committee will be happy to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
- Email address for organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Phone numbers for venue facilities managers: Brian Merry (616) 331-2624; Kristin Meyer (616) 331-3294
- Local law enforcement: 911 (emergency) for GVSU police or (616)-331-3255 for non-emergency
- Local 24-hour sexual assault hot line: 616-776-7273
- Local emergency and non-emergency medical: Allendale Fire and Rescue (616) 895-6295; GVSU Campus Health Center (616) 252-6030
- Local taxi company: Yellow Cab (616) 459-4646
We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.