Difference between revisions of "Code4Lib 2021 Conference Committees"

From Code4Lib
Jump to: navigation, search
(added self to streaming committee)
(Social Activities Committee)
 
(23 intermediate revisions by 17 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
  
 
* Location: Virtual
 
* Location: Virtual
* Dates: TBD
+
* Dates: Monday, March 22, 2021 to Friday, March 26, 2021
** Pre-conferences: TBD
+
** Main meeting: Monday, March 22, 2021 to Thursday, March 25, 2021
** Main meeting: TBD
+
** Post-conferences: Friday, March 26, 2021
** Post conference activities: TBD
+
  
 
== Planning Committee ==
 
== Planning Committee ==
Line 30: Line 29:
 
* [https://wiki.code4lib.org/User:Derekz Derek Zoladz] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [https://wiki.code4lib.org/User:Derekz Derek Zoladz] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:jcaffreyhill@towson.edu Julia Caffrey-Hill] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* [mailto:jcaffreyhill@towson.edu Julia Caffrey-Hill] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
+
* [[User:highermath|Cary Gordon]], Cherry Hill Company - Planning Committee Contact
* [mailto:qum@miamioh.edu Meng Qu] - Documentarian
+
* [mailto:jerry.yarnetsky@miamioh.edu Jerry Yarnetsky] - Documentarian
 
* [mailto:ranti.junus@gmail.com Ranti Junus] - Volunteer
 
* [mailto:ranti.junus@gmail.com Ranti Junus] - Volunteer
 
* Andy Hickner (alh4014@med.cornell.edu) - Volunteer
 
* Andy Hickner (alh4014@med.cornell.edu) - Volunteer
 +
* [mailto:qum@miamioh.edu Meng Qu]- Volunteer
  
 
== Budget and Sponsorship Committee ==
 
== Budget and Sponsorship Committee ==
This group involves working with the LPC to close any budget gaps and talking to potential sponsors to find the level that is right for them.
+
This group involves working with the VPC to close any budget gaps and talking to potential sponsors to find the level that is right for them.
  
 
[[2021 Budget and Sponsorship Documents|2021 Budget and Sponsorship Documents]]
 
[[2021 Budget and Sponsorship Documents|2021 Budget and Sponsorship Documents]]
Line 52: Line 52:
  
 
[[2021 Keynote Documents|2021 Keynote Documents]]
 
[[2021 Keynote Documents|2021 Keynote Documents]]
 +
 +
[[2021 Keynote Speakers Nominations|2021 Keynote Speakers Nominations]]
  
 
* [mailto:clara.turp@mcgill.ca Clara Turp] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:clara.turp@mcgill.ca Clara Turp] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:dana.reijerkerk@stonybrook.edu Dana Reijerkerk] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* [mailto:dana.reijerkerk@stonybrook.edu Dana Reijerkerk] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
+
* [mailto:abattel@emory.edu Andrew Battelini] - Planning Committee Contact
 
* [mailto:bobbi@bobbifox.net Bobbi Fox] - Documentarian
 
* [mailto:bobbi@bobbifox.net Bobbi Fox] - Documentarian
 
* [[User:Khaley|Kathleen Haley]] - Volunteer
 
* [[User:Khaley|Kathleen Haley]] - Volunteer
Line 66: Line 68:
  
 
* [mailto:casden@gmail.com Jason Casden] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:casden@gmail.com Jason Casden] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
+
* [mailto:tod@uchicago.edu Tod Olson] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
+
* [mailto:mesco@andrew.cmu.edu Ann Marie Mesco] - Documentarian
 
* [mailto:brighidmgonzales@gmail.com Brighid Gonzales] - Volunteer
 
* [mailto:brighidmgonzales@gmail.com Brighid Gonzales] - Volunteer
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* [mailto:jglenn@andrew.cmu.edu Jason Glenn] - Volunteer
 +
* [mailto:kr2e@andrew.cmu.edu Ken Rose] - Volunteer
  
 
== Program Committee ==  
 
== Program Committee ==  
Line 79: Line 82:
 
* [mailto:aaron.collier@stanford.edu Aaron Collier] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:aaron.collier@stanford.edu Aaron Collier] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [mailto:akorphan@ncsu.edu Andreas Orphanides] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* [mailto:akorphan@ncsu.edu Andreas Orphanides] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
+
* [mailto:mike.taylor@nau.edu Mike Taylor] - Planning Committee Contact
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
+
* [mailto:jtremc@gmail.com Julien Tremblay McLellan] - Documentarian
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* [mailto:matt.r.sherman@gmail.com Matt Sherman] - Volunteer
 
* Jessica McMillen (new) - Volunteer
 
* Jessica McMillen (new) - Volunteer
 
* David Schober - Volunteer
 
* David Schober - Volunteer
Line 103: Line 106:
 
[[2021 T-Shirt Documents|2021 T-Shirt Documents]]
 
[[2021 T-Shirt Documents|2021 T-Shirt Documents]]
  
* Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
+
* [[User:Khaley|Kathleen Haley]] - Primary Contact AKA Chair
* [[User:Khaley|Kathleen Haley]] - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
+
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* [[User:ChristyKarpinski|Christy Karpinski]] - Documentarian
 
* [[User:ChristyKarpinski|Christy Karpinski]] - Documentarian
Line 129: Line 132:
 
This committee organizes virtual social activities.
 
This committee organizes virtual social activities.
  
[[2021 Social Activities Documents|2021 Social Activities Documents]]
+
2021 Social Activities Documents|2021 Social Activities Documents - Contact [[User:Yoosebj|Becky]] for access to the Google Drive folder
 +
 
 +
Conference attendees - the 2021 Social Activities page will be posted soon!
  
 
* [[User:Yoosebj|Becky Yoose]]- Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* [[User:Yoosebj|Becky Yoose]]- Primary Contact AKA Chair
 
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
+
* [[User:ChristyKarpinski|Christy Karpinski]] - Documentarian
 
* A.M. Serrano - Volunteer
 
* A.M. Serrano - Volunteer
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* Mike Paulmeno - Volunteer
  
 
== Streaming Video Committee ==
 
== Streaming Video Committee ==
Line 182: Line 187:
 
* Your Name Here - Primary Contact aka Chair
 
* Your Name Here - Primary Contact aka Chair
 
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact aka Co-Chair  
 
* Your Name Here - Secondary Contact aka Co-Chair  
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact  
+
* [[User:highermath|Cary Gordon]], Cherry Hill Company - Planning Committee Contact  
 
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
 
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
 
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
 
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
Line 191: Line 196:
 
[[2021 Accessibility Documents|2021 Accessibility Documents]]
 
[[2021 Accessibility Documents|2021 Accessibility Documents]]
  
* Your Name Here - Primary Contact aka Chair
+
* [mailto:dkrahmer@colgate.edu Debbie Krahmer] - Primary Contact aka Chair
* Your Name Here - Documentarian
+
* [mailto:schulera@caryinstitute.org Amy Schuler]  - Documentarian
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* [mailto:kelly@trln.org Kelly Farrell] - Volunteer
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* [mailto:kira.lillard@kc.frb.org Kira Lillard] - Volunteer
 +
* [mailto:grey.maixner@gmail.com Gary Maixner] - Volunteer
  
 
== Whatever Committee ==
 
== Whatever Committee ==
Line 206: Line 212:
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
 
* [[User:LoriStethers|Lori Stethers]] - Volunteer
 
* [[User:LoriStethers|Lori Stethers]] - Volunteer
* Your Name Here - Volunteer
+
* [mailto:heather@samvera.org Heather Greer Klein]  - Volunteer
  
 
[[Category:Code4Lib2021]]
 
[[Category:Code4Lib2021]]

Latest revision as of 20:48, 1 December 2020

Code4Lib 2021 Conference Committees

Hosting a conference is incredibly complex, and it cannot be done without the help of the entire community. If you are interested in being an awesome person and applying your skills to a particular part of the Code4Lib 2021 conference, create an account on this wiki and sign-up for one or more of the groups below (please provide a contact). Each committee must have a Primary Contact (chair), Secondary Contact (co-chair), and Documentarian (secretary). The role of the Documentarian is to transcribe key information to future conference committees, such as timelines, costs, process, etc. Feel free to improve the summary statements for each of the committees. When adding your name, please indicate 'v' if you are a veteran on the committee so that we ensure committees are not made up entirely of newbies.

We will assign a local contact (LPC) to each committee.

Location and Dates

  • Location: Virtual
  • Dates: Monday, March 22, 2021 to Friday, March 26, 2021
    • Main meeting: Monday, March 22, 2021 to Thursday, March 25, 2021
    • Post-conferences: Friday, March 26, 2021

Planning Committee

This committee is charged with running the show such as overall timeline, budgeting, coordinating of locations and logistics, wrangler of committees, and communicating with the community.

Website Working Group

This group will focus on content strategy and feature implementations for the conference website to improve the overall experience for users (i.e., on-site and remote attendees, speakers, potential sponsors, post-conference users).

2021 Website Working Group Documents

Budget and Sponsorship Committee

This group involves working with the VPC to close any budget gaps and talking to potential sponsors to find the level that is right for them.

2021 Budget and Sponsorship Documents

  • Mary Jinglewski - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Janna Avon - Documentarian
  • Brian Maass (brian.maass@unmc.edu) - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer
  • - ex officio, fiscal host (CLIR/DLF)

Keynote Committee

This group will: gather nominations from Code4Lib community; contact nominees to confirm their willingness and availability; collect bios from the available nominees and add them to the Diebold-o-Tron; support the voting process; work with the community's top nominees to schedule their keynotes; and collaborate with other committees and the community to ensure everything is communicated appropriately and logistical matters are given suitable attention.

2021 Keynote Documents

2021 Keynote Speakers Nominations

Pre-conference Committee

This committee plans the pre-conference day. It keeps strong lines of communications open with the Program Committee. It also helps shepherd events on the day itself.

2021 Pre-conference Documents

Program Committee

This committee plans the structure of the program, arranges the voting on presentations, etc. This includes soliciting regular talks. These folks will also manage the flow of the program at the conference -- introducing speakers or soliciting other volunteers to MC. Committee membership will be capped at 10 members.

2021 Program Documents

Scholarship Committee

This committee works with funding institutions to arrange the scholarships offered. They solicit submissions and select winners of the scholarship(s). They also work with the winners to plan their travel and arrangements.

2021 Scholarship Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Mairelys Lemus-Rojas - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

T-Shirt Committee

This committee organizes the t-shirt contest, collecting submissions, and putting out the call for votes. This committee is also responsible for helping the local planning committee identify a vendor that will fit within the budget constraints for the conference. User sizes and preferences will be obtained as part of the registration process.

2021 T-Shirt Documents

  • Kathleen Haley - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Christy Karpinski - Documentarian
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

Online Volunteer Committee

This committee wrangles people to volunteer for the following duties:

Looking for opportunities to help out at the conference? See 2021 Conference Volunteers

2021 Online Volunteer Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Jennifer Cummings & Kathy Azevedo - Planning Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

Social Activities Committee

This committee organizes virtual social activities.

2021 Social Activities Documents|2021 Social Activities Documents - Contact Becky for access to the Google Drive folder

Conference attendees - the 2021 Social Activities page will be posted soon!

  • Becky Yoose- Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Christy Karpinski - Documentarian
  • A.M. Serrano - Volunteer
  • Mike Paulmeno - Volunteer

Streaming Video Committee

With the local program committee(as appropriate), organize the streaming and archiving of presentations at the conference. This could include securing A/V equipment, working with the conference venue w/r/t AV needs, choosing streaming and archiving providers, post-production editing and posting of videos, securing speaker releases for recording talks (?), and, of course, actually running the camera during the conference.

2021 Streaming Video Documents This will likely be part of the general conference planning.v

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Richard Higgins - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

Code4Lib 2022 Host Voting Committee

This committee organizes the call for hosts for the next annual code4lib conference as well as the voting process.

2022 Host Voting Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Nicole Lawrence - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

Book Giveaway Committee

This committee solicits free copies of books from various publishers or free keys/copies of programs from various companies (for example, free private repo from Github or license for oXygen). They also handle the raffle at the conference (with a randomizer to do the drawing of names).

2021 Book Giveaway Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact AKA Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact AKA CoChair
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

IRC and Slack Committee

This committee will assist attendees with IRC and Slack.

2021 IRC and Slack Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact aka Chair
  • Your Name Here - Secondary Contact aka Co-Chair
  • Cary Gordon, Cherry Hill Company - Planning Committee Contact
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Your Name Here - Volunteer

Accessibility Committee

Document and address major points of the conference that are not accessible for conference attendees (virtual only, this year).

2021 Accessibility Documents

Whatever Committee

Not a committee per se. This is a list of people who are willing to help the above committees with various tasks.

2021 Whatever Documents

  • Your Name Here - Primary Contact aka Chair
  • Your Name Here - Documentarian
  • Your Name Here - Planning Committee Contact
  • Lori Stethers - Volunteer
  • Heather Greer Klein - Volunteer