Code4Lib Journal Entries in Directory of Open Access Journals
There are two ways to get metadata into the Directory of Open Access Journals: 1) by hand, or 2) through the use of an XML file. Before you do either method, please keep in mind the following things:
- . We chose not to have volume numbers, just issue numbers. Issue numbers will just keep incrementing.
- . We decided that the "record number" for an article is the article-id that shows up in the WordPress URI. That is, they are not sequential, numbers are skipped. That's fine. So there is no 'start page', but there is a 'record number'; there is no 'end page'.
- . Enter the abstract and authors affiliation exactly as found in our published articles.
- . Enter keywords if there are any. If not, leave this blank
To edit by hand go to http://www.doaj.org/restricted, enter our secret username/password combination, and do the necessary data entry.
See this post for username and password information.
To use the XML file to do data entry:
- make sure the WordPress databases is up-to-date,
- go to http://journal.code4lib.org/issues/issue#/feed/doaj to get the necessary XML. (eg http://journal.code4lib.org/issues/issue5/feed/doaj.)
- edit the XML each author is in a element by themselves,
- validate the XML against the Directory's schema, (how do you do this? -jrochkind)
- go to http://www.doaj.org/restricted and upload the friuts of your labors.
More info about the feed and how to customize the XML for import into DOAJ: http://journal.code4lib.org/doaj/
--Eric Lease Morgan 10:42, 28 May 2008 (PDT)