Code4Lib Journal Entries in Directory of Open Access Journals
There are two ways to get metadata into the Directory of Open Access Journals: 1) by hand, or 2) through the use of an XML file. Before you do either method, please keep in mind the following things:
- We chose not to have volume numbers, just issue numbers. Issue numbers will just keep incrementing.
- We decided that the "record number" for an article is the article-id that shows up in the WordPress URI. That is, they are not sequential, numbers are skipped. That's fine. So there is no 'start page', but there is a 'record number'; there is no 'end page'.
- Enter the abstract and authors affiliation exactly as found in our published articles.
- Enter keywords if there are any. If not, leave this blank
To edit by hand go to http://www.doaj.org/restricted, enter our secret username/password combination, and do the necessary data entry.
See this post for username and password information.
To use the XML file to do data entry:
- make sure the WordPress databases is up-to-date,
- go to http://journal.code4lib.org/issues/issue#/feed/doaj to get the necessary XML. (eg http://journal.code4lib.org/issues/issue5/feed/doaj.)
- edit the XML each author is in a element by themselves,
- validate the XML against the Directory's schema,
- go to http://www.doaj.org/restricted and upload the fruits of your labors. See this post for username and password information.
More info about the feed and how to customize the XML for import into DOAJ: http://journal.code4lib.org/doaj/ and http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=loadTempl&templ=uploadInfo
--Eric Lease Morgan 10:42, 28 May 2008 (PDT)