Code4Lib Journal Tech Wishlist
Revision as of 16:43, 14 February 2011 by 126.96.36.199
Things on this page aren't neccesarily consensus, just things people listed as tech wishlist.
- Seperate author names in individual fields in db, for better metadata generation. (Then make export of DOAJ metadata use it, to make it a fully automated process!)
- epub and/or PDF export of a complete issue
- PDF of individual article
- Include "cite as" text on each page, with several major citation formats filled in with our data. Especially important because we use an "article number", rather than a page number -- which is supported by most citation formats, but it's not obvious from looking at an article what it's "article number" _is_, you have to know to get it from the URL. Makes it hard to cite correctly.
- Automated list of "most viewed articles", from WP statistics or Google Analytics?
- Investigate usefulness for us: Here is a WordPress plugin designed to implement editorial workflows: