Code4Lib Regional Meeting Streaming
Revision as of 14:00, 5 November 2014 by RileyChilds
Video recording and streaming plan
Streaming channel: Youtube/Google+
- Using YouTube Live Events
- YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/code4lib
- Footage will be archived here
- Other Footage can be posted here
- Please use the Grey Image for the default image on streaming, it looks best on black.
- Channel Access to youtube.com/code4lib can be granted by contacting...
- Cary Gordon (cgordon(at symbol)chillco.com)
- Riley Childs (rchilds(at symbol)cucawarriors.com)
- Presentation computer, via Wirecast Desktop Presenter software;
- This will be installed on the presentation computer, if any, and be provided to presenters using their own machines on a USB key. It is also available for download from the Wirecast site.
- Presenters must install the software before presenting.
- Mac and Windows only.
- Presentation computer, via VGA tap and video converter; and
- Camera and encoder (for non-presentation material).
- Audio system feed to the encoding computer via cable terminated with XLR3 connector (one channel, mono is fine).
- Any modern Mac or Windows laptop with reasonable power and speed should work.
- Software (of interest):
- Encoding/Streaming: Wirecast for Youtube (free)
Other equipment that we used for Code4lib Annual"
- Video camera
- HDMI to thunderbolt — Blackmagic Extreme (HDMI, RCA (audio & video) in, Thunderbolt out)
- VGA to HDMI Adapter — Composite, SVideo, VGA, Audio in, HDMI out
- VGA splitter (active) — to split feed from projector
- Jumpers and adapter— various