Thoughts during 2008 conference
- <JodiS> 2 projectors, k?
- <dbs> have a dedicated presentation laptop ready on standby
- Have laptop powered up, with screensaver off, tested with projector, running OS X (with iWork) and Windows / Parallels (with MS Office & OpenOffice). Also load the presentation laptops with the direct link to the taping/recording software (see http://code4lib.org/node/243 ).
- <JodiS> thumbdrives, except for demos
- Ask presenters to use canned screencasts when possible (and offer pre-conference links to directions on how to create screencasts)
- Turn off Growl.
- Provide at least three flip-charts in the lobby area -- one for breakouts, one for lightning talks and one for extra curricular activities.
- For the lightning talk flip-chart, pre-mark it with numbers so there aren't too many lightning talks signed up for a particular block in the schedule.
- Provide a web service to collect feedback for speakers
- Add a "HOWTO have fun" presentation early in the conference to invite more participation
- Anarchivist sez: I'm willing to do it.
Lightning Talk Titles You Can Steal
- So Much FOAF So Close To ~/
- Where I'm Context-Sensitive Searching From
- The Third Thing That Killed My NextGen OPAC Project Off
- Where Metadata Comes Together With Other Metadata
- They're Not Your Records
- I Had This Idea That I Have No Idea How To Do, Do You?