Difference between revisions of "Code4lib Journal Republication Guidelines"
(the process was suggested by Peter Murray on c4lj-articles)
Revision as of 15:55, 13 August 2012
Periodically editors may run across publish web content (blog posts, etc) that they feel would work well as a code4lib journal article.
- Someone from the editorial board nominates an article by adding it to the Proposals tab in the Article Tracking spreadsheet and then emailing c4lj-articles
- Editors vote on it as if it came from outside the editorial board
- An editor volunteers (not necessarily the same person as #1)
- The editor contacts the author to see if they are interested in re-publishing the article in c4lj
- If yes, it follows the normal process
Note, it is important to *not* contact the author to see if they are interested in re-publishing their article prior to the proposal being accepted by the editorial board. This will prevent unnecessary disappointment or potential insult if the proposal is voted down.