During the Conference Volunteers
code4lib 2012 Volunteers
Hospitality Suite Committee
This committee makes arrangements for any hospitality suite amenities (technology, snacks, games, icebreakers...) we may want
- Mike Giarlo -- Penn State [Glad to be a keyholder, room-sitter, and general tidier-upper]
- Tom Johnson -- Oregon State University
- Lisa Kurt [lkurt at unr dot edu]-- University of Nevada, Reno
- Carmen Mitchell -- California State University San Marcos
- Declan Fleming -- UCSD
- Becky Yoose -- Grinnell College
- Devon Smith
Welcome Wagon Committee
Offers conference newcomers an opportunity to self-identify; offers oldtimers an opportunity to meet newcomers. May also want to constitute a year-round variation for #code4lib.
- Becky Yoose(b.yoose at gmail dot com) -- Grinnell College
- Bohyun Kim(kimb at fiu dot edu) -- Florida International University
- Jason Clark (jaclark at montana dot edu) Montana State University
Responsible for non-IRC social networking presence.
- Rowena McKernan (rmckernan at whatcom dot ctc dot edu) ~ Whatcom Community College
Demonstrate how to get onto #code4lib during Registration. Offer support for newcomers in #code4lib during the conference.
- Sam Kome (skome) Claremont Colleges
- Gabriel Farrell (gsf) (email@example.com) Drexel University
- Michael Klein (mbklein) (firstname.lastname@example.org) Stanford University
- Jon Gorman University of Illinois
Look into technology/procedures to make connecting to, and maintaining a connection to, IRC less painful.
- Cary Gordon (highermath) (cgordon at chillco.com) -- The Cherry Hill Company
Video archiving and video streaming possibilities.
- Corey Harper corey dot harper gmail
- Shaun Ellis email@example.com
- Cary Gordon (cgordon at chillco.com) -- The Cherry Hill Company
Registration Desk Volunteers
We need 1-2 volunteers to hang out at the registration desk for 2-hour shifts. Also on Monday and Tuesday, an additional volunteer with wireless access knowledge would be helpful on the Registration Desk to answer tech questions.
- Dan Suchy (dansuchy at gmail) -- UC San Diego
- Doris Munson (dmunson at ewu.edu) -- Eastern Washington University
- Tod Robbins (todd.d.robbins at gmail) -- University of Washington
Registration Desk Schedule
Monday 7-9 am
- (wireless expert)
Monday 9-11 am
Tuesday 7-9 am
- (wireless expert)
Tuesday 9-11 am
- Becky Yoose
Run wireless handheld microphones to audience members asking questions.
- Jeanne Kliewer (jkliewer at emporia dot edu) Emporia State University
Session Timer Volunteers
People who volunteer to sit up front, keep time (and bring timer equipment - i.e. a laptop with a stopwatch program).
- Ann Gleason (amwhit24 at uw dot edu) - University of Washington
- Carmen Mitchell (carmenmitchell at gmail dot com) - California State University San Marcos
- Tod Robbins (todd.d.robbins at gmail) - University of Washington
Schedule for Session Timers
- Kyle Banerjee (calling awardees)
- Michael B. Klein, Stanford University (firstname.lastname@example.org) (program)