Hacking Pre-Ingest Assessment Tools (Solr/Ruby/Python)
Django/Solr Metadata Archive Tool
As part of my code4lib presentation I (Matienzo) may demo some code that works with Digital Forensics XML and gets it into a Solr index. I've successfully thrown Blacklight on top of it, but want to extend it further, especially in terms of figuring what I can do with it and creating a straightforward UI that will represent directory hierarchies.
This would maybe be happy with an Event microservice. Mark Phillips hopes to release a Django app to this effect in April 2011.
- Identifiers are precious
- Ingest is forever
- Where does rights management come in
- Hard drives full of junk and an uncorrelated spreadsheet.
- Command-line statistical analysis (histogram, number of distinct values, etc.) of spreadsheets.
- Organizable digital limbo
- Event microservice
- GUI XSLT editors exist for MARC... how about for spreadsheets?