How To Plan A Code4LibCon/ContentPlan
- The community knows about/knows the timeline for the following as soon as the timeline is available (in chronological order):
* Conference/Pre-Conference dates * Keynote Speaker submission dates * Conference and hotel registration dates, information * Keynote Speaker voting * Talk submission guidelines and dates * Talk voting * Conference schedule * Last-minute conference details
- It might be worth considering whether to create a conference email list of attendees, vendors, etc. so as not to clog the listserv with emails not relevant to the folks not at the conference? Was there discussion about this last year?
- Decide who counts as the internal audience -- just the local planning committee? What about conference management and/or hotel staff? Others?
During the Conference
- Conference attendees, and possibly the community at large, are informed as quickly and efficiently as possible about:
* Events (especially social events) * Schedule changes * Other breaking new
After the Conference
Roles and Responsibilities
During the conference:
- Official information Tweeter
- Official information IRC chat-er
- Official information emailer