Ideas for 2013
Code4Lib 2013 ideas
- Keep Super Bowl Sunday free
- Avoid snow and bitter cold!
- If you do the preconferences in the main conference space (vs. in spread-out off-site spots), many people will expect breakfast or at least regular coffee/tea/soft-drink breaks throughout the day (so have them?)
- Is it possible to get a hot breakfast with/instead of continental?
- Consider Vegetarians
- Decent lunch menu - not taco or spaghetti :-)
- Automated Testing
(Note: some attendees really like tacos and/or spaghetti, and think these are excellent lunch choices. YMMV.)
Use EventBrite--it's worth the admin money for the ease of use, and the reports that can be generated
Suggestions from dchuds talk
- less complacency from overall committee--less burden on local org committee
- Advisory committee - made up of representatives from past hosts
- Programming committee - don't have voting on talks
- do work in the open
- build on experience from past conferences
- code4lib multicore
- multi-track conference
- support 500 people
- make it more like PyCon
- more regional c4l (but drop the "regional" suffix)
- keep voting on programming!!!