Logistics and planning info for the 2015 C4L MDC Meetup.
August 11-12, 2015
Special Events Room (Room 6137)
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Registration is now open: http://goo.gl/forms/yUYYySuzKc
Registration is free, but please do register if you are planning to attend, so we can plan accordingly!
Code of Conduct
The Code4Lib Code of Conduct is in force at every Code4Lib gathering. Please read it, abide by it, and help to enforce it.
The Libraries have posted driving directions for getting to campus. In addition, a comprehensive overview of travel options is available from the campus office of conference and visitor services. Once you have arrived on campus, this campus map will help you locate the library (#035). There is a College Park metro stop on the green line, which is served by a shuttle bus to campus approximately every 10 minutes.
There is ample parking on campus for a daily maximum of $15.00. A covered guest lot that is convenient to the Library is the Regents Drive Garage (#202 on the map mentioned above). Full information on guest parking options is available on the convention and visitor services site.
The College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center, 3501 University Blvd E is the most convenient lodging to the library, and is within an easy 10 minute walk. Other hotels, including some less expensive options, are located on Route 1 on the other side of campus, 1-2 miles away from the library. This map shows some of the nearby options.
|Time||Tuesday (08/11)||Wednesday (08/12)|
|10-12||Morning Session||Morning Session|
|12-1:30||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|1:30-3||Afternoon 1||Afternoon 1|
|3-4:30||Afternoon 2||Afternoon 2|
- Andrea Medina-Smith
- Ben Wallberg
- Bill Helman
- Bohyun Kim
- Bria Parker
- Francis Kayiwa
- Josh Westgard
- Laura Wrubel
- Neil M. Frau-Cortes
(Please add your name if you are planning to attend and are able to help!)
- IMLS Grant Opportunities for Digital Library Projects --Tjowens (talk) 08:15, 16 July 2015 (PDT)
- CSV validation scripts for metadata wrangling -- Josh Westgard
- Omeka S: The multisite and linky next generation of Omeka -- Patrick Murray-John
- Users, UX, & Technology: Going hi-tech with your classroom AV system -- Bohyun Kim
- What We're Doing with our DH Mellon Grant - Mackenzie Brooks
Unconference discussion topics
- DSpace and everything around the Dspace ecosystem. -- Ben Wallberg to lead
- Omeka S connectors -- To What, How, and Why should Omeka connect to other systems (DSpace (Hi, Ben!), Fedora, etc) -- Patrick Murray-John
- Makerspace programs and events: ideas and discsusion -- Bohyun Kim (If there are enough people working on this)
- JupyterHub for documenting code/data practices, and instruction.
- Github for dummies - A. Medina-Smith to lead
- Research data - What is everyone doing with research data? What should we be doing (storage, collection, analysis; all, none, or more)? - Julia Blase (and some SIL folks)
- A simple transcription tool for Fedora or Omeka-based digital collections
- Integrate Omeka and CollectionSpace
- All your Logs are belong to us.
- A workshop on how to do central logging of server logs. using Elasticsearch, Logstash/lumberjack and Kibana. Users will leave with a basic understanding of how to use these three tools to look at logs of all sorts up to and including the tweets.