Welcome to the wiki home of the New England "chapter" of Code4Lib.
My friends, let's get something started, eh?
1st Meeting - w00t!
A vote was held to determine our first gathering spot. Boston was chosen. Michael Klein has arranged a space for us at the Boston Public Library.
Jodi Schneider of Amherst College has already begun planning for a gathering hosted by Five Colleges. See below for possible dates.
Suggest some other, future locations below. Something not too hard to get to for folks in all corners of the N.E. area would be best
- Somewhere in Western Mass (a.k.a. 413; a.k.a. Northampton, MA; a.k.a Hamp) - This would work best for me, the further West, the more likely I can make it (ecorrado)
- I can probably offer free space in our Concord NH campus with good network and projectors, though I realize that may be too far north for some --Casey
- Somewhere in the Boston area
- Portland, Maine, of course. Where else? LibraryThing will buy donuts.
- I could suggest New Haven, but it isn't exactly a central location for this group. --dlovins
- +1 for Portland, ME. I might be able to arrange meeting space at the U of Southern Maine if this is a viable location. --jonvw
- Forbes Library during their business hours
- Possibly one of the Five Colleges?
- Boston Public Library (end by 9pm Monday through Thursday, or end by 5pm Friday through Sunday)
- Elsewhere? Add to this list...
1st Meeting (BPL)
We are in the process of settling on a date using WhenIsGood
Please let us know when works for you, at:
NECode4Lib #2: Amherst, MA
Feel free to add yourself.
- Jay Luker, Ex Libris Software Engineer, lbjay#code4lib
- Michael B. Klein, Digital Initiatives Technology Librarian at the Boston Public Library, mbklein#code4lib
- Jodi Schneider, Science Library Specialist at the Amherst College Library, JodiS#code4lib
- Casey Bisson, a person too lazy to list his own title
- Daniel Lovins (Yale Library)
- Tim Spalding (LibraryThing)
- Jonathan Williams, URSUS Systems Manager, University of Maine System, jonvw#code4lib
- Edward M. Corrado, Head of Library Technology, Binghamton University(NY); ecorrado#code4lib (yea, I know NY <> NE, but heck, if it is in the Western part of NE, I can make it)
- Keith Jenkins (Cornell Univ.)
- Winona Salesky, librarian in limbo
- Andrew Bangert (Lewiston, ME)
- Emily Alling (UMass Amherst)
- Alison Babeu (Perseus Digital Library-Tufts University)
- Greg McClellan (Brandeis University)
- Chris Beer (WGBH)
- Rosalyn Metz, Systems Administrator for Curricular Support (Wheaton College)
- Jeffrey Barnett, Sr. Research Analyst (Yale University Library) and (yufind beta developer)
Any questions about this site or suggestions for improvement either add them here, ask on the code4lib list or in the #code4lib IRC channel on freenode.
Other Events Nearby
- NERCOMP Beyond Information Discovery Monday 11/3
- Mobile Mania: Developing information services for portable devices Wednesday 11/5 (Boston)
- PALINET Open Source discovery systems day VuFind, Blacklight, Lucene/Solr applications Thursday 11/6 (Philadelphia)
- NYC METRO Science Librarians: Rutgers on authentic digital objects; NSDL on updates Friday 11/7 1:30 PM (NYC)
- OCLC/NYPL Labs Hackfest: Fri 11/7 & Sat 11/8 (NYC)
- DLF Fall Forum, for DLF institutions: Weds-Fri 11/12-14 (Providence)