NECode4lib Spring 2019
Code4Lib NE Spring 2019
Join us on Friday, March 15, 2019 at Smith College for the NEC4L Spring 2019 meet up!
This informal conference will feature presentations, lightning talks, and workshops around technology in libraries, archives and museums in the New England region.
To sign up to present a lightning talk, presentation, and workshop please include a brief proposal below with your registration.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Presenters will be notified by March 1.
- Monday, March 11, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- Registration will be capped at 100, first come, first served.
Date: Friday March 15, 2019
Time: 9am-4:00pm (Registration open at 8:30)
Smith College Campus Center, 100 Elm Street, Northampton MA
Free visitor spots in lots and garage, paid meters on Elm St.
8:30-9:00 AM - Registration & coffee (provided)
9:00-9:30 AM - Morning lightning talks
- "Done? Are you sure?"
- 01001111 01101110 01100101 is the loneliest number: Collaborating on coding projects with non-programmer colleagues
- Digitizing Forgotten History
- Using the Figshare API in R
9:30-11:30 AM - Morning presentations
- A Just Standard Rails Repository
- Caselaw Access Project API
- Data Processing at Scale in the Cloud: DPLA's New Data Architecture
- Fedora Update
- Ingesting a million pages of microfilm, photographs, and serials into Islandora
11:30 AM-12:00 PM - Lunch (provided)
12:00-1:00 PM - Workshops (with lunch continued)
- An introduction to GraphQL and how it can be used in libraries
- ISLE: Islandora for All
1:00-1:30 PM - Afternoon lightning talks
- Follow the TRAIL
- Keeping the ship afloat with Maintenance Days
- Oxygenating Our Metadata Processes
- Saving Data Journalism
1:30-3:30 PM - Afternoon presentations
- Microaggressions; Let’s do more than just talk about them
- TIMDEX Is Making Discovery EXcellent
- Using Microservices to Build a Modular Digital Repository Environment
- Why Your Academic Library Should Look Into Web Components
- Adventures in Linked Data: Mapping MODS to RDF
3:30-4:00 - Wrap up / travel to evening event
4:00 PM - Optional happy hour / dinner (location Packard's)
Abby Baines, Head of Public Services, Smith College
Rose Reynolds, Head of Collection Development and Management, Smith College
Bethany Seeger, Digital Library Web Developer, Amherst College