Difference between revisions of "OCLC Policy Change"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
http://..// of ]
== Petitions ==
== Petitions ==
Revision as of 21:50, 7 December 2008
- Policy for Use and Transfer of WorldCat® Records (Last known update is 19-Nov-2008; this version is in PDF)
- OCLC's summary statement about the policy
- Guidelines for the Use and Transfer of OCLC-Derived Records (the "Previous 1987 version")
- Archived copy of 2-Nov-2008 version
- Difference between the November 2nd version and the November 5th version
- Difference between the November 5th version and the November 19th version
On December 1, 2008, Elaine Sanchez created a new petition with more depth and specificity. The petition calls for OCLC to vacate the new policy, create a more open process for revising the 1987 guidelines, and assert that the records are the property of the respective contributing members. Ms. Sanchez posted an announcement about it on the Autocat mailing list.
Commentary Regarding the Second Revision
Commentary Regarding First Revision (nov 2)
- pmurray - Is OCLC’s Change of WorldCat Record Use/Transfer Policy Related to the Google Book Search Agreement?
- jrochkind - viral nature of OCLC usage policy–like open source? No.
- Thingology - OCLC Policy Change
- Ed Summers - Bibliovirus
- Dan Scott - Archive of OCLC WorldCat Policy as posted 2008-11-02
- Libology - OCLC WorldCat is the Tiger, not the Lady
Commentary Regarding Second Revision (nov 5) / General
Comments on Comments
Sometimes the best insight comes in the comments added to blog postings and other stories. This Yahoo! Pipe (also available as an RSS feed) is a concatenation of all of the comments from the postings and stories above -- with the exception of those marked "(NC)" because of use of software that doesn't support comment feeds. It was last updated as of page revision 1505.