Revision as of 21:35, 14 January 2013 by Whicks1
Project Management and Issue Tracking Software
- [Basecamp] pros: works well for small groups, good communication cons: easy to outgrow, ticketing challenging
- [Redmine] pros: open source, software projects, popular among code4lib responders, ties together issue tracking, documentation wiki, and source code browsing
- [Asana] pros: free for small groups
- [GitHub] pros: free, hosted, ties together ticketing, source code browsing, and documentation wiki
- [Google Groups] pros: free, good for communication, stores older communication in a browsable way.
- [Google Docs]
- [Unfuddle] pros: hosted ticketing system, customizable cons: customizable
- [Jira] pros: used by the pros cons: costs $$, nightmare to maintain
- [MediaWiki] pros: powers code4lib wiki, open source, customizable, easy for all to use
- [Trac] pros: ties together issue tracking, documentation wiki, and source code browsing
- [Open Atrium] pros: drupal distro, locally hosted, customizable cons: Extending needs technical know-how, 6.x-base install, build your own drupal PM will probably meet your needs better if you have the time.