Find roommates for Code4Lib 2009, someone to share rides with, anyone up for tourist activities, or anything else related to attending the conference.
Jonathan Brinley (jbrinley) is looking for a roommate. No-smoking, snoring optional (yes, I snore). I'm often in #code4lib, also easy to find on the Internet.
- Emily Lynema (ejlynema) looking for a roommate. Room is booked for check-in on 2/23, check-out on 2/26. Catch me on-channel with my nick or email me.
- tentatively rooming with Becky Yoose as of 12/22/08
- Emily Molanphy -- booked a room from 2/23 (I'll be arriving late--11pm?--but you can check in before me) to 2/26. emily dot molanphy at med.nyu.edu
- I (anarchivist) am going to be taking Amtrak up to Providence, but I'll be going to drupal4libcamp in Darien, CT on the Friday following code4lib. I'd like to go down that morning (allowing me to spend another night in Providence). Is anyone else going, and if so, would anyone be up for sharing a one-way car rental or at least be up for the ridiculously early train ride? I'm in #code4lib, and also otherwise easily contactable online.
- I (Cary Gordon) am also going to Darien, but I have reservations in Stamford on the 26th. I am definitely either in search of a ride on the 26th or up for sharing a car.
- I'll [royt] likely be flying into Boston on Sunday, Feb. 22 around 5pm and driving down to Providence from there. Anyone arriving at Logan around then going to the conference can get a free ride. Let me know if you're interested. Also, I'll be returning at the end of the conference if you want a ride back.
- UVA will have a van going from Charlottesville. We'll have at least four people, but could fit a few more especially if you chipped in for the van rental and / or gas. Anyone from Richmond, Washington D.C., Baltimore, or Philadelphia interested? If so, email Bess at bess [at] virginia [dot] edu
As of January 12 the code4lib group block at the Renaissance Providence is sold out. Rooms are still available but the rate is $219 per night. There may be some attrition over time so it may be worth calling the hotel to see if a room at the group rate ($135) has become available. -- 888 236-2427, 401-919-5000
Some nearby hotels (all in walking distance of the Renaissance) are below. Check for AAA or government rates if applicable.
- Courtyard Providence:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pvddt-courtyard-providence-downtown/ 1-800-321-2211, 1-401-272-1191
- Hilton Providence:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/PVDPRHF-Hilton-Providence-Rhode-Island/index.do 1-800-HILTONS, 1-401-831-3900
- Westin Providence:
http://www.westinprovidence.com/ 800- WESTIN-1, (401) 598-8000
- Hotel Providence
http://www.hotelprovidence.com/ 800-861-8990, 401-861-8000
- Providence Biltmore