- 1 Code4LibSE 2018 @ The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library (AUC RWWL)
Code4LibSE 2018 @ The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library (AUC RWWL)
The Code4Lib Southeast 2018 Conference is sponsored by Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library and Georgia State University Library. Please join us Friday, July 27th, in Atlanta, GA for the 2018 C4LSE meeting. This informal conference will feature sessions covering technology in libraries, archives and museums in the Southeast area.
When - Friday, July 27th, 2018
Cost - Free! Lunch and afternoon coffee will be provided.
Call for Proposals
We are accepting the following kinds of proposals:
- Presentations (20-minute talk, 5-minute Q&A)
- Lightning talks (5-minute talk, 2-minute Q&A)
- Breakout discussions or workshops (25 minutes)
- Interactive poster presentations and demos (during lunch)
This conference will be single-track with the exception of Breakout Workshops.
Use the online proposal form to submit your proposal: https://goo.gl/forms/IKnsXxroOZW6Bjin1
The conference will be held in the Virginia Lacy Jones Exhibition Hall on the upper level of the AUC Robert W. Woodruff Library. Lunch will be served onsite in the same location.
- Registration for the conference is open: https://goo.gl/forms/laB3AEIG3G3BT8bB2
- Registration is capped at 90 attendees, so register early!
- The registration deadline is July 6.
- If your plans change after registering and you are no longer able to attend, please let us know at email@example.com!
Friday, July 27th, 2018
Directions and parking
- Limited free parking will be available on the Upper Level of the parking lot adjacent to the library -- please carpool if possible.
- Follow the green arrows in the image above to enter the parking lot from the Paschal Blvd NW entrance. Press the button on the gate to speak with Security -- let them know that you're here for the Code4Lib Southeast conference.
- Follow the red arrows in the image above to take the sidewalk around the building and enter through the main entrance.
- If the parking lot is full, street parking is available.
The AUC Woodruff Library is a 0.6 mile (approximately 15 minute) walk from the Ashby Marta Station -- since the walk takes you through campus Google warns that it includes a "private road."
If you are planning on staying the night, here are a few local hotel recommendations:
- The Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center | 800 Spring St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308 | https://goo.gl/maps/2VsqsgHeFxD2
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown | 230 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 | https://goo.gl/maps/uDgCB2nv6QM2
- Embassy Suites Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park | 267 Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30313 | https://goo.gl/maps/JCzfQxprMz82
- Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon coffee, will be provided at no cost to attendees.
There aren't many restaurants open for dinner near the AUC Woodruff Library, but each of the above hotels has nearby restaurants that serve dinner:
- Restaurants near Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
- Restaurants near Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown
- Restaurants near Embassy Suites Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park
Of course, if you're looking for something special, ask a local Atlantan -- we love to share the joy of our city's amazing food scene!
Code of Conduct
Code4LibSE 2018 is dedicated to a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Please see our full Code of Conduct.
If you have any questions about the conference, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code4LibSE has a low-traffic Code4LibSE Google Group. Consider subscribing!