- 1 Code4LibSE 2018 @ The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library (AUC RWWL)
- 1.1 Location
- 1.2 Optional Pre-Conference Meetup
- 1.3 Schedule
- 1.4 Area Information
- 1.5 Code of Conduct
- 1.6 Contact
- 1.7 Mailing list
Code4LibSE 2018 @ The Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library (AUC RWWL)
The Code4Lib Southeast 2018 Conference is sponsored by Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library and Georgia State University Library. Please join us Friday, July 27th, in Atlanta, GA for the 2018 C4LSE meeting. This informal conference will feature sessions covering technology in libraries, archives and museums in the Southeast area.
Here are video links to recordings of select sessions from the conference:
When - Friday, July 27th, 2018
Cost - Free! Lunch and afternoon coffee will be provided. Parking in the library parking lot is $5.00.
Optional Pre-Conference Meetup
There will be an optional social meetup from 6-9 p.m. on Thursday, July 26 (the night before the conference) at Ormsby's in west midtown Atlanta: https://www.ormsbysatlanta.com/ | 1170 Howell Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30318
Ormsby's is a large restaurant and bar with a few group games available (darts, bocce, table shuffleboard). Participants will be responsible for their own purchases and conduct here (the conference's Code of Conduct will apply during this meetup). And while you may choose to eat at Ormsby's, there will be no group reservations made for this meetup, so please plan accordingly.
Ormsby's can be difficult to find. It is located beneath a staircase in a shopping plaza right at the corner of the intersection of Howell Mill Road and 14th Street NW. There is free parking available in a nearby parking garage, but it would be best to carpool since it may get busy. Here are some pictures that may help:
Driving directions and parking
- There are two nearby parking lots, both of which cost $5.00 for a full day - please carpool if possible.
Library Parking Lot
- Google Maps driving directions for the Library Parking Lot at 138 Paschal Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Follow the red arrow in the image above to enter the parking lot from the Paschal Blvd NW entrance. Press the button on the gate to speak with Security -- let them know that you're here for the Code4Lib Southeast conference.
- Pay for parking at the pay station in the parking lot
- Follow the green arrow in the image above to take the sidewalk around the building and enter through the main entrance.
CAU Parking Lot
- Google Maps driving directions for the CAU Parking Lot at 156 Mildred St SW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Follow the red arrow in the image above to enter the parking lot from the Mildred St SW entrance. Park in the designated "Visitor" spots, and pay at the Cashier's booth as you leave.
- Follow the green arrow in the image above to take the sidewalk to the library and enter through the main entrance.
The AUC Woodruff Library is a 0.6 mile (approximately 15 minute) walk from the Ashby Marta Station -- since the walk takes you through campus Google warns that it includes a "private road."
If you are planning on staying the night, here are a few local hotel recommendations:
- The Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center | 800 Spring St NW, Atlanta, GA 30308 | https://goo.gl/maps/2VsqsgHeFxD2
- Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown | 230 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 | https://goo.gl/maps/uDgCB2nv6QM2
- Embassy Suites Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park | 267 Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30313 | https://goo.gl/maps/JCzfQxprMz82
- Lunch, as well as morning and afternoon coffee, will be provided at no cost to attendees.
There aren't many restaurants open for dinner near the AUC Woodruff Library, but each of the above hotels has nearby restaurants that serve dinner:
- Restaurants near Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center
- Restaurants near Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown
- Restaurants near Embassy Suites Atlanta Centennial Olympic Park
Of course, if you're looking for something special, ask a local Atlantan -- we love to share the joy of our city's amazing food scene!
Code of Conduct
Code4LibSE 2018 is dedicated to a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Please see our full Code of Conduct.
If you have any questions about the conference, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code4LibSE has a low-traffic Code4LibSE Google Group. Consider subscribing!