Welcome to Code4Lib Mid-Atlantic, a Philadelphia Area/Tri-State chapter of the [http://code4lib.org/ Code4Lib] organization.
== About ==
== Call for Volunteers ==
We're looking for volunteers, both for general long-term organizational duties and to help plan future events. Positions that we know we need include a social media expert, an IRC guy/gal, a social functions organizer
, and a kind soul to host/run our listserv. We also need volunteers to help us with needs we as yet don't know we need (and feel free to identify them). If you're interested in helping the chapter, list your name, email address, affiliation and area of interest here and I' ll pull together a Skype chat in the near future:
* David K Uspal, davidDOTuspalATvillanovaDOTedu, Villanova University, Guy who put the initial wiki entry together and official contact point for the 2012 conference
* Tim Clarke, tclarkeATmuhlenbergDOTedu, Muhlenberg College, willing to help with anything
* Scott Williams, scottwiATupennDOTedu, Penn Museum, willing to help with anything
* Matt Zimmerman, mzimmermanATbrynmawrDOTedu, Bryn Mawr College, soft skills stuff (communications, organizing, cat herding, getting people to play nicely together)
* Mark Wilhelm, markDOTwilhelmATthomsonreutersDOTcom, Thomson Reuters, willing to help with anything
* Nico Carver, nicoATudelDOTedu, University of Delaware, Multimedia, A/V nerd, willing to help with anything
* Leanne Finnigan, lfinnigaATmc3DOTedu, Montgomery County Community College, Can help with anything.
Also, a good channel to get information currently is the newly formed Google Group (information on this is in the '''About''' section above).
== Past Conferences ==
Thanks to all who made the Code4Lib Mid-Atlantic kickoff conference a success! For the October 17th kickoff meeting, the conference was located at [http://library.villanova.edu/ Falvey Memorial Library], [http://www1.villanova.edu/ Villanova University], and was held as part of the series of tech conferences, nicknamed the "Tech Trifecta", being held at Falvey Library over the week of October 15th, 2012. Conferences held included the [http://vufind.org/wiki/vufind_summit_2012 VuFind Summit 2012] (October 15th and 16th), Code4Lib Mid-Atlantic (October 17th), and [http://vustuff.org VuStuff III] (October 18th).
'''Schedule:''' * 8:00a - 9:00a Coffee Hour (Light Refreshments provided) * 9:00a - 9:15a Opening Remarks * 9:15a – 9:45a GOKb, the Global Open Knowledge Base: What it Builds On, and What It Can Help Build - John Mark Ockerbloom, University of Pennsylvania * 9:45a - 10:15a Learning to Be Accessible: Programming for Web Accessibility through a Teaching and Learning Environment – Katherine Lynch, Drexel University * 10:15a - 10:30a Break * 10:30a - 11:00a Preparing Live CD/DVD for Integrating Koha ILS, GSDL/DSpace with Features of a Mail Server - Mohan Raj Pradhan, HealthNet * 11:00a – 11:30a Inside the Kuali OLE Project – Michelle Suranofsky, Lehigh University * 11:30p - 12:00p Complementary Flavors: REST Web Services and Object Oriented Programming - Karen Coombs, OCLC * 12:00p - 1:00p Lunch ( Provided) * 1:00p - 1:30p Breakout Planning * 1:30p - 3:00p Breakout Session * 3:00p - 3:30p Breakout Session Discussion * 3:30p - 4:15p Lightning Talks * 4:15p - 4:30p Closing Remarks Video, slide presentations, and abstract pages coming soon.
== Governance ==
For the upcoming 2012 conference, we looked to mimic the national conference in format. After that, we want to structure the regional meetings to tailor to what the community wants -- be it more formal meetings with talks, roundtables, etc or just evening informal meetups at a downtown pub. To this end, we want to hear from YOU (you've read this far, so you must be interested). To be heard, just contact David Uspal (info below) or add your good ideas to the wiki below.
Code4Lib Mid-Atlantic Good Ideas List (name, email address, affiliation and idea):