Open main menu
2020 Streaming Video Documents
2,450 bytes added
18:07, 7 March 2020
== Livestream Instructions ==
Open the "Code4Lib livestream" document (on the desktop and in the MacOS dock).
What shows up in ''Program Output'' depends on which ''Layers'' are active.
Layers higher in the stack hide layers that are lower in the stack.
Many layers have transparent areas that allow the contents of lower layers to show through.
Visible layers are said to be ''Live''; the "live" status of layers is shown in the layer stack.
Layers are toggled live by clikcing the "Live" button or using a keyboard shortcut.
Keyboard shortcuts do not use "Control" or "Alt" modifier keys; they are just the keys themselves. (For instance, typing the 'c' key makes the Code4Lib title card live.)
These are the keyboard shortcuts for the video layers, from top to bottom of the stack:
* '''c''': Code4Lib title card
* '''n''': "No Presenter" card (for speakers that do not want their presentation broadcast/recorded)
* '''k''': Keynote speaker lower-third (automatically goes un-live after 8 seconds)
* '''1''' through '''=''': Lower-third for presenters (automatically goes un-live after 8 seconds)
* '''t''': Display ''c4l20'' tweets
* '''s''': Speaker camera full-screen
* '''p''': Speaker camera picture-in-picture
The lowest level is the video being sent to the ballroom data projectors (typically the podium computer).
In addition the 'a' shortcut key toggles between the ambient/background audio and the ballroom audio feed.
=== Examples of Layer Transitions ===
* '''From title card and ambient audio to podium speaker''' (as in the start of the conference day or coming back from lunch). Make sure the ''Speaker Camera'' layer is live (tap '''s''' to make it live), then tap '''c''' to make the Code4Lib title card un-live and '''a''' to switch from ambient audio to ballroom audio feed.
* '''From speaker camera to data projector feed''': Tap '''s''' to turn off speaker camera full-screen. Note that '''p''' can now be used to overlay the speaker camera picture-in-picture in the lower right corner of the ''Program Output''. Keep an eye on the ''Program Output'' to ensure the speaker picture-in-picture doesn't cover up the speaker's slides. Tap '''s''' to go to speaker camera full-screen.
* '''To start a break''': Tap '''c' to display the title card and '''a''' to go to the ambient audio. Note that during breaks you can tap '''t''' to turn on the Twitter hashtag display; use '''c''' to turn off the title card layer so the Twitter layer displays.
== Encoding Setup ==
← Older edit
Newer edit →