Umlaut Deployment with Thin and Apache
Instead of using mongrel, NYU is using thin. The thin configuration is almost identical to mongrel. The two files used to implement are detailed below. config/umlaut_config/deploy/thin_cluster.yml --
- Unix account to run your processes as:
- Unix group to run processes as:
- Install dir of Umlaut you want to run from:
chdir: /apps/umlaut/ log: log/thin.log # Leave like this.
- Start port for your instances. Any high port will do. Does NOT need need
- to be open through firewall externally.
port: 4001 environment: production # Leave like this address: 127.0.0.1 # Leave like this
- address: 0.0.0.0 # Leave like this
pid: tmp/pids/thin.pid # Leave like this
- How many instances to run. port: 8000 with servers:3 means you'll
- have a server on 8000, 8001, and 8002.
- Only if you want to start at web path other than base / :
- prefix: /getit # for instance. Start with slash, and don't end with one.
-- script/local/my_thin_ctl --
thin $1 -C /apps/umlaut/config/umlaut_config/deploy/thin_cluster.yml --