Umlaut Deployment with Thin and Apache
Instead of using mongrel, NYU is using thin. The thin configuration is almost identical to mongrel and is detailed below. The Apache configuration is exactly the same as with mongrel and is detailed at Umlaut_Deployment#Apache_Setup
- First you must install the thin gem and any dependencies, including rack. We found that versions of rack later than 1.0.1 caused problems.
- $ sudo gem install thin
- $ sudo gem install rack --version 1.0.1
- Next add these two files to Umlaut.
# Unix account to run your processes as: user: umlaut #Unix group to run processes as: group: umlaut # Install dir of Umlaut you want to run from: chdir: /apps/umlaut/ log: log/thin.log # Leave like this. # Start port for your instances. Any high port will do. Does NOT need need # to be open through firewall externally. port: 4001 environment: production # Leave like this address: 127.0.0.1 # Leave like this #address: 0.0.0.0 # Leave like this pid: tmp/pids/thin.pid # Leave like this # How many instances to run. port: 8000 with servers:3 means you'll # have a server on 8000, 8001, and 8002. servers: 4 # Only if you want to start at web path other than base / : #prefix: /getit # for instance. Start with slash, and don't end with one.
#!/bin/bash thin $1 -C /apps/umlaut/config/umlaut_config/deploy/thin_cluster.yml
- Then make the my_thin_ctl executable
- $ chmod 755 my_thin_ctl
- Finally, run
- $ ./script/local/my_thin_ctl start