Some actual current future plans:
- Fix HathiTrust adapter to use new HT plugin, including not showing fulltext for just portions of a serial. (Or showing it in 'see also' section only)
- Internet Archive -- use new OL/IA api, discover search-inside-the-book.
- WorldCat, use new api, link directly to nearest public library in 'see also' or elsewhere.
- old* Desired or planned features.
- Check for similar articles from: http://biosemantics.org/jane/faq.php#api
- Full-text availability check from http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ -- check by title/city, check by lccn (?), able to check particular dates/link to particular dates and/or pages of paper?
- Allow a service_response to have a tree relationship to children, so for instance alternate versions of a text can be attached as children of the main link, expandable by the user.
- PubMed Central full text lookup http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/esearch_help.html (SFX may already do this?)
- Journal ToC from CiteULike
- Parsing of formatted references from an entry screen. Use http://wing.comp.nus.edu.sg/parsCit/ package. Very interesting! Or a similar UCOP package: http://purl.net/net/egh/hmm-citation-extractor/ See list of such packages here under "Other Parsing Tools" http://freecite.library.brown.edu/
- LibraryThing open knowledge API for more data. http://www.librarything.com/blog/2008/08/free-web-services-api-to-common.php
- Connect to internet linked movie database on movies: http://www.linkedmdb.org/
http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/001609.html Unofficially it will return json: http://scintilla.nature.com/conversations?uri=info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pmed.0020124&format=json
- Rochester “Getting Users Fulltext” style code to skip right to the full text, skipping content-provider metadata pages.
- UMich Mirlyn for metadata enrichment?
- xISBN/thingISBN use. (Some thought is required in how to integrate this while avoiding false positives). Bowker ISSN service for metadata enhancement. OCLC xISSN? Integrate preceding/succeeding title information from OPAC or xISSN?
- LibraryLookup: http://xisbn.worldcat.org/liblook/index.htm At least until xISBN is baked in we could provide a link to this service. Increases the chances of finding a desired book in the catalog through work set grouping. Used by LibX.
- Journal covers from Ulrich's via screen-scraping (or Ulrich's/sersol built in api?)
- Connotea integration
- Fetch ToC from LC. Screen scrape, I guess? Or z3950? Any other content from LC?
- Link to Books In Print ala Notre Dame.
- bip search url? :
- SFX plugin: Notice when first title given is non-roman, and look for roman title to enhance metadata with when so.
- HIP and other OPAC searchers should pull ToC from MARC 505 when present. And 856's judged to be ToC in ToC, not full text.
- Fix Umlaut Referent to more easily allow multiple authors. Architectural change neccessary to get a lot of this stuff working right.
- Enhance metadata to have full metadata for a refworks etc export. Using: CrossRef? Metalib? Anything else?
- A general purpose responsecache. Schema: Date, service/source, key. Use for caching image urls, ToC urls from LC, etc.
- Fix Worldcat registry auto-discovery.
- Add a Worldcat search that uses API, instead of screen scrape.
- Switch OCA search to use OCA native APIs, instead of indexdata mirror index.
- fix unapi in umlaut. unapi to rsi? For zotero.
- Change background to use Spawn plugin instead of manual threading. Investigating using spawn with fork instead of thread (terry reese on limited pool of forks).
- Integrate my various local document delivery services into menu of options when full text isn’t available. More generally, a clear architecture for providing localized doc delivery services in addition to a single ILL link.
- SFX adaptor: Add a "rollup" feature that pays attention to dates to avoid eliminating coverage.