Gender Diversity & Minority Scholarship Committee
The scholarship committee is a self-selected group that manages the gender diversity & minority scholarships. Separate groups handle AngelFund and Code4LibJapan scholarships.
- Send to a wider bunch of listservs, including for national orgs (ALA/SLA/MLA/CLA) & relevant sections? & student chapter
- Put out a call
- Receive and coordinate applications
- Distribute applications to the committee
- Select awardees
- Inform selected candidates
- Notify unsuccessful candidates
- Announce to Code4Lib main listserv and post on code4lib.org (e.g. http://code4lib.org/node/274 )
- Hosts work with awardees on reimbursement, registration, etc.
- Follow up with awardees after the conference -- receive report, ask for suggestions, etc.