If you are interested in helping out with a particular part of the Code4Lib 2012 conference, create an account on this wiki and sign-up for one or more of the groups below (called 'committees' for lack of a better term). Each committee should select a committee lead that will coordinate the activities of the committee and its work with the hosting site. Discussions of a non-sensitive nature should take place on the Code4LibCon mailing list for transparency and future reference. Please feel free to improve the summary statements for each of the committees.
== Book Give-Away Committee ==
This committee organizes the voting process and works with the other committees that involve voting (keynote, program, T-shirt) to ensure a relatively smooth process.
== Hospitality Suite Committee ==
This committee makes arrangements for any hospitality suite amenities (technology, snacks, games, icebreakers...) we may want
* Mike Giarlo -- Penn State [Glad to be a keyholder, room-sitter, and general tidier-upper]
* Tom Johnson -- Oregon State University
* Lisa Kurt [lkurt at unr dot edu]-- University of Nevada, Reno
* Carmen Mitchell -- California State University San Marcos
* Declan Fleming -- UCSD
== Welcome Wagon Committee ==
Offers conference newcomers an opportunity to self-identify; offers oldtimers an opportunity to meet newcomers. May also want to constitute a year-round variation for #code4lib.
* Becky Yoose(b.yoose at gmail dot com) -- Grinnell College
* Bohyun Kim(kimb at fiu dot edu) -- Florida International University
* Jason Clark (jaclark at montana dot edu) Montana State University
== Social Networking ==
Responsible for non-IRC social networking presence.
*Rowena McKernan (rmckernan at whatcom dot ctc dot edu) ~ Whatcom Community College
== IRC Evangelists ==
Demonstrate how to get onto #code4lib during Registration. Offer support for newcomers in #code4lib during the conference.
* Sam Kome (skome) Claremont Colleges
* Gabriel Farrell (gsf) (email@example.com) Drexel University
* Michael Klein (mbklein) (firstname.lastname@example.org) Stanford University
== IRC Access ==
Look into technology/procedures to make connecting to, and maintaining a connection to, IRC less painful.
* Cary Gordon (highermath) (cgordon at chillco.com) -- The Cherry Hill Company
== Video Committee ==
Video archiving and video streaming possibilities.
* Corey Harper corey dot harper gmail
* Shaun Ellis email@example.com
* Cary Gordon (cgordon at chillco.com) -- The Cherry Hill Company
==Registration Desk Volunteers==
We need 1-2 volunteers to hang out at the registration desk for 2-hour shifts. Also on Monday and Tuesday, an additional volunteer with wireless access knowledge would be helpful on the Registration Desk to answer tech questions.
* Dan Suchy (dansuchy at gmail) -- UC San Diego
* Doris Munson (dmunson at ewu.edu) -- Eastern Washington University
* Tod Robbins (todd.d.robbins at gmail) -- University of Washington
== Microphone Runners==
Run wireless handheld microphones to audience members asking questions.
*Jeanne Kliewer (jkliewer at emporia dot edu) Emporia State University
== Session Timer Volunteers ==
People who volunteer to sit up front, keep time (and bring timer equipment - i.e. a laptop with a stopwatch program).
* Ann Gleason (amwhit24 at uw dot edu) - University of Washington
* Carmen Mitchell (carmenmitchell at gmail dot com) - California State University San Marcos
* Tod Robbins (todd.d.robbins at gmail) - University of Washington
'''Schedule for Session Timers'''
== Raffles ==
* (calling awardees)
* Michael B. Klein, Stanford University (firstname.lastname@example.org) (program)
= Documentation =