2,198 bytes added
23:58, 9 December 2008
Reverted edits by
); changed back to last version by
My friends, let's get something started, eh?
== 1st Meeting (BPL) ==
=== When & Where ===
'''Date & Time:''' Tuesday
December 9, 2008, 9:00am-5:00pm
'''Location:''' Boston Public Library, McKim Building, McKim Conference Room
'''Signup:''' Feel free to declare your intention to join at the [http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1389003/ Upcoming event page].
=== What? ===
The current plan is to start the day with presentations and/or lightning talks. When we run out of those we can then break out into groups to discuss and experiment according to interests. Use the sections below for general ideas of things to do or actual topics or projects you'd be willing to present on.
==== Suggest some Topics ====
* Ripping open the guts of a particular lib app (by the author) as an architecture or implementation How-To (or How-Not-To) session?
==== Lightning (or Longer) Talks ====
* Scraping article metadata using the CiteULike parsers - JayL
* Update on code4lib 2009 conference planning - Jean Rainwater & Birkin Diana
* Extending Zotero: Citation Style Language - Jodi Schneider
* Semantic Web for Libraries or Microformats - Jodi Schneider
* Semi-controlled-folksonomic-tagging-vocabulary: Encouraging Useful Metadata Contributions - Chris Beer & Courtney Michael
* Common Knowledge at LibraryThing: Why Star Wars geeks are better than catalogers (for Star Wars stuff) - Tim Spalding
* A Vocabulary Browser in Solr, SKOS, and XForms - Michael Klein
* Introducing Scriblio's (still in beta) cataloging tools - Casey Bisson
=== Getting there ===
Follow the [http://www.bpl.org/general/directions.htm directions] to the Central Library. Go in, turn right, the conference room is on your left before you get to the cafe. If anyone's driving, may we suggest the garage at 100 Clarendon Street (next to Back Bay Station). Close by, and far less expensive than any of the other local garages. Or, search nearby parking at [http://boston.bestparking.com/ http://boston.bestparking.com/] MBTA: Copley for Green Line, Back Bay for Orange Line or Commuter Rail.
==== Voting process ====
* [http://whenisgood.net/necode4lib/2008/results/LWmrQy WhenIsGood results]
* [http://dilettantes.code4lib.org/voting_booth/election/results/5 Location voting results]
== Future meetings ==
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Retrieved from "