1,204 bytes added
15:39, 7 October 2015
no edit summary
===UIC Environs: Lunch and Parking===
* [https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2JOTakXueSk.kSv_bxAdo3Xc&usp=sharing Lunch and parking map], curated by Allan Berry
* Food options are mostly clustered in three places: Greektown (N of the freeway along Halsted), Taylor street (SW of campus), and University Village (S along Halsted).
===Getting to UIC===
* '''Public Transit''': Take the Blue Line west from the Loop; get off at the UIC-Halsted stop. Walk south.
* [https://www.uic.edu/about/visit-directions More information on visiting UIC], including (better) mass-transit directions
* Parking in a UIC lot will cost $13 for a full day.
* If you're driving, there are several parking lots available (marked on the above map); I recommend the one south of campus (1135 Morgan). Note that no streets connect Harrison with Taylor, including Morgan, between Racine and Halsted; to reach the south lot, come up Morgan from Roosevelt.
* ''Note'': the Circle Interchange (the confluence of I-90 and I-290 just NE of campus) is causing traffic havoc nearby, especially near the corner of Harrison and Halsted. The Harrison bridge over I-90 doesn't currently exist. Best to avoid this area if possible.
← Older edit
Newer edit →
Retrieved from "