no edit summary
A "hyperlocal" Code4Lib chapter, which has been in existence since around 2010.
Mailing List=[https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/chicode4lib Google Group]Use this to chat about local issues, propose meetings, and let us know about local events.
=Fall 2015 Meeting=
* Daley Library, UIC, Room 1-470
* Watch this space for details.
* [https://www.eventbrite.com/e/code4lib-chicago-fall-2015-meeting-tickets-18917137668 Register via EventBrite]
* 8:30: assemble / coffee
* 9:00: start / welcome
* If you have an idea, please sign up for a slot! These are quick, low-pressure talks, and you'll get good karma.
* [http://wiki.code4lib.org/2015_Lightning_Talks Examples of lightning talks] given at the last national Code4Lib.
# Distant reading of texts from the HathiTrust, JSTOR, and/or EEBO
#: Eric Lease Morgan (Librarian-At-Large)
* If you have an idea, add it to the list! If we end up with more than four, we will conduct a straw poll to determine the most relevant/popular.
* For inspiration, [http://wiki.code4lib.org/2015_Preconference_Proposals here is the list of pre-conference workshops] at the last national Code4Lib
# Headless CMSs (Wordpress, Drupal)?
# Meteor.js tutorial?
==15:15: more content, TBD==
* What content do you want during this slot?
* We're planning on hanging out at [http://www.moxeerestaurant.com/ Moxee] after the event. More details soon.
==UIC Environs: Lunch and Parking==
==Getting to UIC==
* Public Transit: Take the Blue Line west from the Loop; get off at the UIC-Halsted stop. Walk south.
* [https://www.uic.edu/about/visit-directions More information on visiting UIC], including (better) mass-transit directions
* Parking in a UIC lot will cost $13 for a full day.
* If you're driving, there are several parking lots available (marked on the above map); I recommend the one south of campus (1135 Morgan). Note that no streets connect Harrison with Taylor, including Morgan, between Racine and Halsted; to reach the south lot, come up Morgan from Roosevelt.